Net care question

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you,ve got a garden, put your keep-net/landing net over the washing line and hose them down.

C

Cakey

Ive found the best way is wash them in the lake before you leave then put them in a water proof net bag until you get home ,hang them up to dry for 3 days this kills all known germs and doesnt have the hardness of tap water

F

Frothey

what he said, though i have lovely soft tap water down here!

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Same up here, Nice lovely soft water.

Poor Cakey; /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif.

B

Bill Cox

Yep got to agree, air dry every time and your nets will last a lot longer then if you keep putting them away wet in a stink bag.

C

Cakey

water is rock hard here ......................new kettle everythree months

Dangerous Steve

Reaction score
I went to a fishing shop yesterday and they were selling rubber keep nets, I am not sure if they do rubber landing nets though. but apparently the rubber nets do not smell at all, plus they are germ free. also the shop owner said that mice do not eat the rubber when the net is stored in your shed /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

My first landing net that I only brought 2 months ago already has a big hole in it where a pike clamped onto it and ripped a hole /forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

B

Bill Cox

Don't see how a net can be garrenteed germ free whatever its made of, and if you put it away wet i don't believe it will not smell either. and mice may leave it alone but a wet dirty net will be demolished by Rats if they find it. Tell your tackle dealer he's talking cr*p

C

Cakey

I agree with Bill................tackle shop got stuck with some shit he cant move

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
To kill any bacteria and germs the best place to leave nets is in the open air and let the suns rays do all the dirty work. A friend of mine, an out and out matchman who fishes 3 or 4 times a week, never keeps his nets indoors, he throws them on top of the garden shed and leaves them there until the next outing. This can pose a problem for those that live in flats and other than leaving them hanging over a balcony if they have one, they have no alternative other than keeping them in a bag. Maggots in the fridge is one thing but I think even an angler would object to the stink of nets in the lounge.

Dangerous Steve

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Cakey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I agree with Bill................tackle shop got stuck with some shit he cant move</blockquote>
Fair point, like I said I am still new to this fishing game. the nets had been reduced from £50 to £32 aswell. luckily I didnt buy one anyway, lol. I never catch enough for a keep net yet anyway /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif