noises in the night

Reaction score
Hi everyone just a quick one for you all./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif
i am currently targeting the carp in a stretch of river,no end of them about biggest i have spotted i would say maybe 25lb.
Done a few afternoons and mornings without much success,had a couple of runs but seem to not be hooking them due to troubles with the weed on the bottom.i did take a nice fish of 14lb off the top one afternoon that swam past me so i managed to stop him with some floaters so that was a nice bonus.

Last night i did my first overnighter and from around 11 o'clock til 4, there werefish crashing all over the place,sounded like fairly good sizes too,the question i would like answering is will this be the carp or could it be bream? i know bream and tench roll alot at night and there are alot of them around this stretch but do they really go with a big crash almost clearing the surface by the sound of it??
It did seem at one point they were right over my bait and that was when i got the first run of the night so i guess i would like to know what the sounds were for my own confidence really so i knowi am on the right track.
So what do you guys think,only started night fishing lately so i am new to this side of things! thanks you please

R

Roto Fryer

i have seen bream jump a couple of feet in the air although its generally because they were being chased by a pike .

a bit of pre baiting may help you along with a longer look around

Reaction score
i have bin pre baiting since the start of the season and i must have spent around 30 hours on this stretch not fishing just looking around, i have seen different shoals of around 20 carp,they are easy to spot as one has a nice white ghostie and the other a big bright orange koi,then there are the bigger fish that seem to hang around in two's.no problem finding the fish when i dont take a rod,they always about but what i was getting at is if the crashing were carp at night as obviously i dont want to shine a light on the water and its pitch black so i cant see bugger all!
If this wind drops a little today i think i will take a rod with minimal tackle so i can trick them into thinking i dont have one as this is when they are about!
I think your right cakey some of them sounded a little too big or solid for bream but then even a small fish can make a hell of a splash! i will just keep going and im sure the results will come if i can find a way to keep the bait from burying in the weed