Barbel Wars

• Thread starter Les Clark ( not too proud to nick a good idea fro
  • Start date
L

Les Clark ( not too proud to nick a good idea fro

What a bloody great article , a cock up from start to finish , the type of fishing that I endure , all plans going to pot , I`m glad I`m not alone but well done on your newPB Andy ./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
Totally agree, an excellent and very well written article.

Living not far from Borobridge, I can fully endorse your picture of life inside the local hostelrys. Great fishing around that area with most of the Yorkshire spate rivers being with spitting disstance.

I also share your respect for Sean and his writings on how to approach barbel fishing in the Yorks rivers. I have in fact arranged to have adays fishing with Sean in the very near future, my contributionshall be to demonstarte the art of casting into trees and bushes! In all honesty, Sean may well give up angling and take up golf after this session!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Once again, a lovley artical Andy.

Skoda

Reaction score
Thanks lads! It just goes to show that fishing's not all about catching shed loads of monster fish (It'd be nice once in a while though!)/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Andy

S

Sean Meeghan

I don't know - all those hours of polish on, polish off and look what happens!

A nice read Andy!

Deanos, I'm going to make you stand on one leg on a post for a couple of hours before I allow you to cast!

nicky

Reaction score
Enjoyed all your articles so far but that one was particularly good

Deanos

Reaction score
You...YOU SWINE SEAN!.....I have been tipped off that a day with you is akin to a year of training with the Spartans....or doing the Cleakheaton Coal race with a fat bird over your shoulder for a two hundred yard sprint!

But looking forward very much!

SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Skoda

Reaction score
Nicky, you're too kind, may thanks.The funny thing is it's all true.

Sean, be gentle with him!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Andy

J

John McLaren

Thanks for sharing your trip with us Andy, very enjoyable and more like what most of us experience most of the time I suspect!

Skoda

Reaction score
Thanks Christian, I have to say I enjoyed your previous articles too. Keep writing, never mind the A levels!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Thanks John, just had a look at some of your articles, how do you manage to have all week off?/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif