New member here..

sampras43

Reaction score
Hi all

A little info about me.

Got back into fishing a few months ago after a 20yr+ break. I grew up literally over the road from the river Ouse and as a kid I was always fishing. Looking back now I was really spoilt for choice but other sports ended up taking hold after 16. Most fishing back then was float, with some ledger and spinner with the occasional night fish with bait alarm etc.

Now in the Greater London area and only got back into it in the summer of last year. So far I've dabbled a few times on the Grand Union Canal and quite a few visits to the local fisheries such as Wood Lane, Iver and Lizard Lakes, West Drayton and so far used float and feeder rod.

No major catches as yet but really enjoying it. Suprised how little things have really changed since I was a teenager.

Caught a few carp around the 10-12lb mark, bream, roach, perch, Rudd. All the usual stuff. Would love to catch a decent chub or tench.

badgeroo

Reaction score
Hi and welcome sampras!
May the words of the fm forum bring many wet nets to you! :beer::beer:

sampras43

Reaction score
Thanks all..

Would you believe I've just got my PB best of any fish a few days ago...16lb common at lizard lakes on a small cage feeder and fake corn..

Well chuffed and well and truly hooked again.

I think the biggest fish I'd ever caught prior to picking up the sport was a chub around the 6lb mark but that was back in the mid 80's. Remember getting shown by an older mate how to float a bread crust on the surface.

---------- Post added at 06:46 ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 ----------

Hi Sampras, maybe worth joining a club like Uxbridge rovers, Intertype or Gerrards cross and Uxbridge for example..

Thanks,

I've been looking at uxbridge rovers recently and looks a decent club, and everything pretty much on my doorstep.