Rod info please

frothy

Reaction score
I have recently been given some old/ish fishing items from a relative who's had a clear out, most of it is not up to much but it did include a normark avenger RNAM 1563.13... Does anyone have any info on this rod please. Not sure if I should sell it or not? Will it be ok for Carp/barbel on the float?
Thanks in advance

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't know that model but others on here will. Normark rods seem to be well-regarded.

barbelboi

Reaction score
As stated above the Avenger is a beefier rod than the Micrlite and Titan. I still regularly use, and believe it gives the best of both worlds, a Titan 2000 (c1999) which is IMO an exceptionally good all rounder that's suited for many types of fishing. I find it as much at home stick float fishing as the action of the rod suits using lightweight lines and small hooks as much as with heavier lines for much larger fish. I've never used an Avenger so can't give any feedback, I believe Tigger has one, but the only way to find out if you like it is to use it.
Jerry

maverick 7

Reaction score
As stated above the Avenger is a beefier rod than the Micrlite and Titan. I still regularly use, and believe it gives the best of both worlds, a Titan 2000 (c1999) which is IMO an exceptionally good all rounder that's suited for many types of fishing. I find it as much at home stick float fishing as the action of the rod suits using lightweight lines and small hooks as much as with heavier lines for much larger fish. I've never used an Avenger so can't give any feedback, I believe Tigger has one, but the only way to find out if you like it is to use it.
Jerry

Like Barbelboi...I use a 14' Titan and have been for donkeys years. I use it for stick float fishing and I have even used a small feeder on it before now. I have caught several barbel with it over the years...with the biggest hitting 10lb 4oz from the River Don..I also had a 10lb fish from the Dove on it too.

I have never used an Avenger and don't know much about them but if they are supposed to be the stronger of the 3 main Normark rods then I would say it will easily handle barbel...To be honest, I always believed the Titan was the strongest of the 3, hence the name.... but I stand corrected as I don't really know that much about the Avenger models.

Maverick

frothy

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be ideal, I needed a float rod with a bit more power. Could also be good for tench as well... In the meantime I'll give it a go for some chub:)

robtherake

Reaction score
There's a reason why they fetch good money second-hand, Frothy, and it's not just because of the name.

And no, I'm not the least bit jealous...:D:D:D

Where's Tigger when you need him - he uses one on a regular basis.

sis the roach

Reaction score
i have one and still use it pete warren used one great stick waggler rods not much powerfuller than the titan or the kyripton

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have recently been given some old/ish fishing items from a relative who's had a clear out, most of it is not up to much but it did include a normark avenger RNAM 1563.13... Does anyone have any info on this rod please. Not sure if I should sell it or not? Will it be ok for Carp/barbel on the float?
Thanks in advance

Is that an early model with the sliding reel holders ? I don't know anything about them, i'm only familiar with the later models, the 2000 series and the MKII's.
If the rod is anything like the models i'm familiar with it will be an excellent rod. I have the range in the 2000's and the MKII's and they're all brilliant but my personal favourite is the Avenger, I use it for most of my trotting and I find it to be an excellent all round trotting rod, great to catch small dace up to double figure barbel.
This is a MKII avenger pictured with a double figure barbel from a few weeks ago...
urp7.jpg

Good luck with yours :).

Last edited:

sis the roach

Reaction score
yes it has black alu sliding fittings i replace my with fuji sliding fittings that lock when you twist them

frothy

Reaction score
Is that an early model with the sliding reel holders ? I don't know anything about them, i'm only familiar with the later models, the 2000 series and the MKII's.

It looks like it is an earlier model but with a Fuji reel seat so I'm guessing they either put these on the later models of this type or it was possibly a custom build? it looks unused.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've heard off people who own the older models that they're very good.

Frothy, your rod does sound interesting, has it got double leg guides ?
It does sound like someone has replaced the handle.

Last edited: