Anyone fishing this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Promised myself a day on the Gade at Cassiobury park and after a bit of rain recently I'll have a go tomorrow.
Sunday a clubby on the river Kennet in Reading town centre...
Anyone else out this weekend?

symonh2000

Reaction score
I am hopefully going Pike fishing this weekend.

Not sure where yet exactly as we haven't decided, but it is likely to be a gravel pit in Oxfordshire.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I went Christmas shopping with my wife once, 37 years ago. Thankfully we both learnt from this foolishness and never repeated the escapade...............:wh

maverick 7

Reaction score
I am a member of Notts Federation and they have a stretch on the Derwent and I am dying to have a go on there. I reckon it could well be a chubby weekend and I know there is quite a few in there...so looks like a day on there but we could finish up on the Dove....as there is plenty of chub in there too.

I reckon the rivers will be something like their normal level this weekend so that will make a nice change for a start...

Does anybody know anything about the Derwent stretch on the Notts Fed book?

Maverick

jimlad

Reaction score
A day of chub and pike on the swale at the weekend...at least that's the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

binka

Usual format on Saturday when i'll be out on the river with a mate, plan is chubbing so we'll catch just about anything but.

Question mark over Sunday at the moment but hoping to do that too.

ru123

Reaction score
Hope you have more luck than I did a month ago,polish & people from caravan site fishing all over.Took no notice whatsoever that I had a fed book.Tried to get up to backwater over death trap bridge (hopeless).

daji

Reaction score
My wife wants to go to her card making group saturday morning *yawn* which means i can negotiate a few hours fishing on sunday ;)

jimlad

Reaction score
Well my plans have changed! Saturday now, and I'm on the tees rather than swale. I think I'll take some steak along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flightliner

Reaction score
Dont usually do weekends anymore if I can help it. Been today on a small trent tributary, one barbel-- 6-10 first cast then weed started coming down makint it next to impossible.
Tuesday however was perfect-- same venue and three lovely barbel, all in the seven lb bracket.
No one around either-- bliss.