Trigga Mix

S

Steve Mead

Hi
I am going to make (for the first time) some trigga boilies but read someware that people had started adding black pepper oil and bentine to the mix has anyone tried this ? as i don`t want to balss up my first attempt.
Thanks
Steve.

D

Des Tobin

Hi Steve,
dont have an answer for ye (Sorry), but is Trigga fishmeal based,.The reason I ask is Ive been thinking of trying the Trigga pellets for Tench,so any info on the base mix would be a great help...Des

A

andrew jackson

I am a little suspicious of this, because the two products mentioned are sold by nutrabaits, admittedly amongst others. It does sound a little bit like the company trying to squeeze a little more out of their trigga users. I wouldnt bother unless trigga has been hammered on your water, even then, there are cheaper and more induvidual additives that can be used to personalise your trigga. To be honest if trigga is blowing to the point where anglers feel the need to change the label so early after its relese, then it cant be up to much.

S

Simon Webster

Try adding betaine. I usually crust my boilies (ooer vicar!) with betaine after they have cooled. I don't think that given the high leak off rate of this amino acid (actually, its just amino-glycine, one of the simplest aas.) it will have any detrimental effects. Dont' think the black pepper oil will be harmful either(except to your wallet). It makes a "label" so why not try it? Ps. try combining this with banana flavour- smells good to me! Simon.

C

Carp Angler

Simon,
even though it has a simple structure amino profile, don't you think that 'neat' leakage over a large area (loosefed boilies as opposed to single hookbait) would cause fish to be repelled?
I've added betaine in quite high dosages to glugs and have had success with single hookbaits, but have struggled when I've glugged the loosefeed.
Whether this is down solely to the betaine or to the other ingredients is open to discussion, but I would fear 'ruining' a whole batch of baits with such an expensive additive.

S

Simon Webster

Carp angler, yes, you are quite right. Its probably not a good idea to saturate your free offerings. What we are probably trying to do is give a concentration gradient here (concentration undergoes an inverse square law, with distance from bait), to attract the fish. Having said that, I rarely use a mass baiting strategy, just add a few crushed and chopped boilies in the bag- If I'm groundbaiting, I'd use carpet feed, CSL pellets and a few free offerings, no more. The idea is to get fish on your bait, not repel them, or confuse them!. Thanks for the clarification. Simon

C

Carp Angler

Simon,
thanks for the response.
The clarification should be to those who are new or unsure about boilie making, not those of us who are aware of our actions.

It's forming into an interesting thread.
Have you tried putting neat beatine crystals into a bag or do you feel that it needs dissolving first to breakdown the structure?