Fishing Snobbery

blandford-esq

Reaction score
Have you ever encountered snobbery from fishermen/women because they have better gear than you?

Do you concider yourself to have the best gear and look down on others who have naff tackle and concider yourself to be the better fisher because of it?

Do you look at people with all the best stuff and avoid them, believing them to be snobs.

Have you ever been embaressed and feel inferier infront of other fishermen/women because of your gear?

Me, I have on many occations felt uncomfortable and less than confident when talking to other anglers who are sitting amoungst their top of the range stuff just incase I say the wrong thing and look a fool.

What say you?

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
None of the above.

I don,t care if the person next to me has more expensive gear than me, it,s how you use it that counts.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I must admit that I possess some of the best tackle that money can buy. I also have some really grotty looking stuff that works, make no mistake. It's what you catch that counts, not how you look.

It reminds me of the young angler who was watching me pull trout after trout from a local lake a few years ago. He scratched his head, went back to hisdad and told him that he had seen a grotty old bloke chucking right across the lake and getting a trout a cast.

And why wasn't he doing that?

Quite true I kid you not, they didn't realise how sound carries over water.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Stupid questions really --if all you worry about is someone else's tackle .........

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I,ve heard that too. That Eds tackle is bigger than you,rs Cakey /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif.

dean?o

Reaction score
i think for some there is a feeling of pressure when in their eyes their tackle doesn`t appear as good. make no mistake about it, it really is how you fish that matters. dont ever feel inferior due to tackle. being a tackle tart wont catch you more fish.

E

Believe it Jimmy --It's true , Mine IS bigger

E

thats distance in inches from the ground

So that makes mine 3 inches bigger

E

Cakeys pod is bigger than mine .........