Sab attack on Lancashire anglers

davestocker

Reaction score
It’s the Glorious 12th of August tomorrow, start of the grouse shooting season and second anniversary of the worst-ever attack on anglers by animal rights extremists in the UK, who attacked fly fishers at a Lancashire fly fishery after unsuccessfully looking for a grouse shoot to sabotage on nearby moorland.The attack was, IMO, a PR disaster and the sabs appeared to be absent from the moorslast year. The attack happened on my doorstep. I’ll post if I hear of any incidents.

barry dix

Reaction score
Hunt saboteurs and animal rights protesters are generally just people without a cause jumping onto any bandwagon with little knowledge of the facts of things that they are seeking to stop. IMO. None the less for that they are very dangerous all the same.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
More chance of being robbed or attacked by thieves or yobs. We should be careful not to get scared of very rare occurances. This made the news only because it was just that, a very rare occurrence. In fact it's so rare we are discussing it 12 months after the event.

barry dix

Reaction score
I was fishing in the canal one day when a young man who looked like a 'new age traveller' past by, we nodded and said hello. He then spotted a dead fish floating in the canal, I had noticed it there myself and although sad to see I had no idea what of the many possibilities it could have been that actually had killed it. As he carried on I heard him mutter 'bastard' under his breath. I carried on fishing and made no reply, but he had obviously already made his mind up that I had something to do with the fish’s death.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

The only thing to do with animal rights activists, Peta members and all others of their clan is to shoot them, then pile them in a heap and burn them

They are non-humans!

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Not sure about non-humans Ron but they're definatly tits of the highest order.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

They are not Homo sapien so they should be destroyed.

C

Cakey

Christian what do you know about tits of the highest order.................

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>blandford-esq wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Ray Roberts, Your avatar is non human/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif</blockquote>

My ativar is not who you think it is. ....................................

It's his younger brother Ivor Bin Fishin.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Dave Stocker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

24 months, Ray! But earlier this year these scumbags were at it again in the same area. Seehttp://www.shootinguk.co.uk/news/174274/Beater_attacked_by_criminals_on_shoot.html</blockquote>
I read your link but this was not related to fishing, as I said attacks of this kind on anglers arevery rare. Unfortunately anti hunting/fishing groups do tend to attract more than their fair share of nutters and extremists. They must have been absolute ar*eholes though to attack a lone woman.