Tea Bag Boys!

terry m

Reaction score
Why is it that some anglers, generally but not exclusively anglers who fish long bivvy sessions, think that it is acceptable to discard used tea bags around their swim?

It really irks me when I pitch up to find tea bags all over the place. I realise they are probably bio-degradable, but it still winds me up.

Am I alone in this?

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No, it winds me up as well, especially as when split open they make a great additive to your spod mix.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why is it that some anglers, generally but not exclusively anglers who fish long bivvy sessions, think that it is acceptable to discard used tea bags around their swim?

It really irks me when I pitch up to find tea bags all over the place. I realise they are probably bio-degradable, but it still winds me up.

Am I alone in this?

Alone?

Not at all.

I find the presence of carp anglers deeply offensive, even if they were last in a swim a good fortnight ago.

sam vimes

Reaction score
No, you aren't alone. Regardless of how long I'm staying, nothing ever gets left behind, even if it's genuinely biodegradeable or totally organic. If I leave more than a slightly flattened spot, I've missed something in my final check. In the rare instances of that happening, it's usually an errant bank stick or a peg that gets left.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There is nothing worse than finding tea bags flicked in the bushes on the side of swims and in the margins. On my main fishery which is a carp fishery it is stamped on along with dog ends line and anything else that is not natural to the fishery. The usual excuse is they are organic. What realy gets me is that people go to the trouble of hiding corn and meat tins in the undergrowth or stuffing litter into scaffold poles instead of putting it in their bag. The thing that some carp anglers do that really gets my goat is leaving line in features when there are boats and the means to remove it some of them are no more than clones.

mick b

Reaction score
I was told that the paper tea bags are made from is treated with aluminium to prevent it breaking down in the pot.
AND that the use of teabags is one of the main contributors towards the development of Alzheimers disease. :eek:

PS
I only drink coffee and ale :D

richiekelly

Reaction score
Alone?

Not at all.

I find the presence of carp anglers deeply offensive, even if they were last in a swim a good fortnight ago.

What a stupid statement to make even for you. not all anglers that fish for carp leave rubbish and not all none carp anglers take their rubbish home.

mick b

Reaction score
What a stupid statement to make even for you. not all anglers that fish for carp leave rubbish and not all none carp anglers take their rubbish home.

Not all anglers take their litter home, even on the top beats on the Test I have found carefully hidden rubbish!

stillwater blue

Reaction score
I've found all sorts of stuff left, I think the worst was a pair of socks stuffed in between a pair of tree branches that somebody had used to wipe their bottom with after a call of nature. There was a clean flushing toilets less than 5 minutes from the swim and it's a completely fenced in fishery with a locked gate so no excuse.

mick b

Reaction score
That would be a posher more upmarket rubbish then :)

A discarded tin of beluga or empty bottle of Moët it was not.
Just your run off the mill plastic fizzy drink bottle/s but hidden with a little bit better class :D

But the grass along the banks is cut nice and short and the anglers huts do have nice seats and a rod rack ((-;

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was told that the paper tea bags are made from is treated with aluminium to prevent it breaking down in the pot.
AND that the use of teabags is one of the main contributors towards the development of Alzheimers disease. :eek:

PS
I only drink coffee and ale :D

That could explain a few things.:wh

lee fletcher 4

Reaction score
They say one can tell the level of any civilised society by how much litter it leaves behind. The streets adjacent to Macdonalds in Grantham on a Sunday morning and the road next to Gonnerby Servies next to the A1 up the road must surely be designated Neanderthal knuckle dragging zones then.

Have a look at this American survey on litter for some clues as to why they do it.

http://www.kab.org/site/DocServer/KAB_Report_Final_2.pdf?docID=4581

Regards,

Lee.

bigray

Reaction score
Litter winds me up especially when it is line. People are always ready to have a go at anglers and people leaving rubbish of any kind (especially down canals etc. where people walk) just gives them more ammunition.

Seriously how hard is it to take a carrier bag with you for rubbish?

nicepix

Reaction score
Litter winds me up especially when it is line. People are always ready to have a go at anglers and people leaving rubbish of any kind (especially down canals etc. where people walk) just gives them more ammunition.

Seriously how hard is it to take a carrier bag with you for rubbish?

What. They throw the litter at you :eek:

:D