EA direct debit mix-up

C

Chris Bishop

Like I suspect many others, I filled in the forms to buy my rod licences by direct debit. I was reminded of this by a story on the radio, warning anglers they'd expired and they need new ones.

Checked my bank and the money's still sitting there and no sign of the licences. Anyone else had this happen..?

Presumably I'd have to buy a one day one if I wanted to go out in the meantime.

C

Curly

Chris

I chose not to do the direct debit thing. Instead, I got mine from the EA website. You can state what date and exact time you want your license to start. They then send you an email directly afterwards giving you your rod license number and stating that you can start fishing immediatley.

All you have to do is take the license number fishing with you.

Neil

F

Fred Bonney

Chris,You should have received a letter from the EA confirming your details soon after you sent them off.
I did and my licence turned up last week.
I suggest your application got lost in post,your probably better off cancelling your DD and buying one as above or from the Post Office

C

Chris Bishop

Someone else has just e-mailed and said there's been some monumental problem which has meant a lot of people haven't received them or had the money debited. Must admit I never got the confirmation letter, so maybe the form never got there.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The same thing has happened to me. I've emailed the EA to ask for an explanation. I'll report back when I get an answer.

D

Dave Johnson

me too, heard nothing.....no money gone either.
I did get my Dads licience late on Sunday evening though, from the website as he wanted to go on Monday.....now he's sorted and I'm not.:eek:(

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Here's the story: <a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=testingsp&v=1&UAN=1761>Rod Licence Fiasco</A>

D

disco dan

chris my stepdad dis the same so he phoned and spoke to someone on sunday about where his licence was and he was told he could buy one on monday over the phone on his credit card and they would send out a letter asking if he wanted to carry on with the dd next year.

C

Chris Bishop

EA have just told me it affects around 1,000 people, a consignment of mail apparently got mislaid in January and has only just been delivered.

M

Mike Parker

I got mine on-line, ordered on Good Friday arrived 0730 today! Now thats what I call service.
On the negative side I or my worse half did not get the opportunity to order by direct debit neither of us were sent details now thats what I call a complete and utter b*lls up, after all I've only been buying a licence for the past 'blurb' years, I must be so easy to miss!
I would be interested to know how many others did not receive DD notices?

D

disco dan

Just done mine on -line and can go fishing as of 00:01 4-4-02 and my licence will be here in 2 days.thats what i call service had to go on-line as our post office is shut half day on wednesday.

J

John McLaren

I didn't get a reminder either Mike so I went on-line and was impressed with the service.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
More <a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=testingsp&v=1&UAN=1764>here</A>.

C

Curly

A fiasco it certainly is, what a shambles. I'm just glad I didn't do the Direct Debit. I found the on-line service brilliant.

T

Terry Mann

Thought I would open this one up again as there still appears to be problems at the E.A.
I ordered my licence online just before the Easter Holiday and received an email back saying the licence would be sent within two working days, now the 9th of April still no licence. I expected some delay over the Easter break but I'm wondering now if I'm going to get one.
Anyone else had the same problem ?