Not a newbie......

pentaxman

Reaction score
Thought I had better say hello properly, although I have already been posting.

I used to do a lot of river and pond fishing from age 7 - 15 in the Suffolk and east Essex areas.

My son at the age of 11 (now 13) has recently got caught by the fishing bug, so our 1st attempt was in a small stream while we were on holiday in the New Forrest. The expression on his face while pulling out minnows was priceless.

Repeated the process this year on holiday in Linconshire at a pond on the campsite (maybe called a comercial - not quite sure if the termanology fits) and had several days of good silvers fishing.
He has now bought this home and we are fishing local "free" or day ticket locations. We have only once suffered a duck when fishing on the local river on pellet - later informed that we were using the wrong bait.

I am now much older (heading for mid century) but not necessarily much wiser, buy my goodness hasn't the sport changed.

B

binka

And an official "Welcome to FM" pentaxman.

Thanks for the recent help in the Scale Calibration thread too, most helpful :)

Tight lines...

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Welcome Back,

Yeah, changes every week it seems. I fought valiantly against using pellets and artificial baits but eventually had to cross over to the darkside...:)

Anyway, welcome back and tight lines.

Phil. xx