9lb Chub oh yea.JPG

Maggie

Reaction score
Surely this is not 9lb is it?

If the average hand is around 10cm wide Itappears that it must be a maximum of50cm long including the tail so itwould surelybe around the 3lb mark at a guess isn't it? or am I mistaken? or is this guy a heavyweight with huge hands?

Reaction score
I think it's fair to say that Luke has got his numbers wrong with these fish but let's not pillory a new member who has made a handful of posts, for what is obviously a mistake...

Luke,

Don't be put off by this grumpy lot,

Just keep enjoying your angling and get yourself a new set of scales.

If you really want the chance of catching a 9lber, ask Bridge ( post above) to take you chubbing!
8_pounder_day.jpg

Some of these beauties are 8lb plus...

Bridge

Reaction score
****y i would take him with pleasure ,if only to prove we are a lovely bunch of cretin's!!on fm .maybe if you ask nicely i'll put into a new peg i've stumbled on ......when ever your ready top gun!

Ginger

Reaction score
That`s some catch Bridge.

Stunning mate, just stunning.

Reaction score
Lol!! Bridge, with your outstanding track record matey, I wouldn't be surprised to see you with an unhooking mat full of 9lber's in a couple of months! That picture (above) still blows my mind every time I look at it! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

We don't grow them that big in that quantity on the Severn... yet! But I'm aiming my sights high and hoping for a 7lber this season from my own secret banker swim. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Cheers ****y, you kept that one quiet! /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

They are stunning Bridge and it was an awesome catch, hopefully I'll be taking Cakey up on his invite later in the year /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Heres a picture of the Record chub at 9lbs 3 ozs
recordchub07.jpg

Bridge

Reaction score
****y just between us ,4 weeks ago i had a 71/2 and atop 6 lber

this week 6 .11 and 4.15 plus silver .by the way i went for walk along hampton lode last monday twas staying in b,ham with inlaws .last time i was up there i drove to iron bridge wow! orgasmic over load

Reaction score
It's one hell of a river Bridge, that's for sure! I'm based on the lower Severn, let me know if you fancy a chub holiday!! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Good luck in the coming month's mate /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Bridge

Reaction score
****y are you anywere near bewdly that also looks rather chubbly it takes me about 30 mins from brum when ever i,m up b,ham

Maggie

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>****y (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I think it's fair to say that Luke has got his numbers wrong with these fish but let's not pillory a new member who has made a handful of posts, for what is obviously a mistake...

Luke,

Don't be put off by this grumpy lot,

Just keep enjoying your angling and get yourself a new set of scales.

If you really want the chance of catching a 9lber, ask Bridge ( post above) to take you chubbing!
8_pounder_day.jpg

Some of these beauties are 8lb plus...</blockquote>

****y you are right we shouldn't nailLuke to the post for something that is just an obviousmistake.

Luke just buy a new set of scales and forget us grumpies, we mean no harm.

Bridge, Wow, I could only dream of such a catch, well done, I salute you

Reaction score
I am 6ft 4 and have hand span of over 12 inches from little finger to thumb My scales are brand new….and the fish weight is genuine…Now some piokilothermic animals cold blooded fish grow short an fat or grow lean an muscular in length, depending on diet an water flow they are in as all fish is growth is concentrated in the first year….Now I am happy with my catch so why would so many doubt it that weren’t their..It was caught in front of 20 other anglerswho were all surprised at its weights as initially I thought it was 7 lb when I first took it out of the water….After weighing we all said no way as the scales read 9lb 8oz now I thought Chub would never grow to this size, but I have just been informed there is a 14lb chub that has been caught in Lancashire that is not fat looking but more lean an sleek looking…so the search continues.Those who doubt with no knowledge don’t hate appreciate that you get see splendorous specimens like these because that’s why we go fishing ….. Isn’t it

GreyFox

Reaction score
/members/images/16498/Gallery/Dan_with_record_stickleback.jpg

some bloke with a record stickleback......... /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Go on Luke, you tell em.They are all probably jealous that they can't catch such specimens,they don't know the size of the chub in Lancashire.Fourteen pounds is nothing, just outside sellafield they go to twenty easy.Have you submitted the record claim yet? dont delay this is front page news for sure and probably a prize as well.