Snell Knot

slaphead

Reaction score
I don't know whether this question has been asked before, but does anyone use a Snell knot and how does it compare to a knotless knot?

nicepix

Reaction score
I've used it since I was a nipper and it is a very reliable knot in my experience as long as you wet the line before pulling it tight.

barbelboi

Reaction score
As far as I know the term snelling refers to whipping the line around the hook shank. I believe that the Domhof, and kk are all snell type knots.

ravey

Reaction score
I use the snell to tie on spade end hooks. Quick and easy even with tiny hooks and fine lines.

Whilst the snell, knotless and domhof all involve 'whipping' the line, all three are different; not alot different, but different nonetheless.

I don't know how to post a link, but there are a few websites that show animated knots. This might better explain/show the differences.

mick b

Reaction score
I don't know whether this question has been asked before, but does anyone use a Snell knot and how does it compare to a knotless knot?

The Snell Knot that I know is the Nail Knot on the Animated Knot Site.

I suspect we are all talking about different knots but using the same name :eek:mg: