How did everyone get on then?

nicepix

Reaction score
You really enjoy your fishing Binka and it looks like you are pretty good at it too :)

I really wanted to go yesterday as the wind was due to veer westerly after a week or north-easterlies and the temperature was rising. However, we had friends round for lunch and that put paid to that. I'm off tomorrow though so watch this space :D

B

binka

You really enjoy your fishing Binka and it looks like you are pretty good at it too :)

Clive... have you been drinking again? :D

Thanks for the kind words although I think luck has a very big part to play in things where I'm concerned.

Good luck with it tomorrow, let us know how you get on :) :w

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Cracking day on the Itchen, I guesstimate 300+ grayling were caught between 13 of us despite a low clear river..

B

binka

Cracking day on the Itchen, I guesstimate 300+ grayling were caught between 13 of us despite a low clear river..

Nice one Simon and really pleased you had a cracker, is someone going to put some pics up anywhere on the site?

I'd love to see 'em :)

mick b

Reaction score
Nice one Simon and really pleased you had a cracker, is someone going to put some pics up anywhere on the site?

What, have you never seen a Flounder ????

:eek:mg:

barbelboi

Reaction score

Oh, all right, if you insist - unfortunately they're cr@p....................
Lost touch of the number of grayling that graced the net - certainly was a good day, I took a few pics and, as we know, they're lively little...............and refuse to stay in focus so this is the best of a bad lot ...............
PS Apologies for the lack of forceps Binka, it's bad enough trying to 'snap' them without asking them to pose with accessories........;)
g2_zpsac41c209.jpg

g1_zps7aeff123.jpg

nicepix

Reaction score
Clive... have you been drinking again? :D

Thanks for the kind words although I think luck has a very big part to play in things where I'm concerned.

Good luck with it tomorrow, let us know how you get on :) :w

Cheeky sod! The sun was barely over the yardarm when I typed that post.

No. Fairs fair. Credit where credit is due. I have to admire your enthusiasm and skill in presenting a photo of the same fish whether it be a barbel or pike over and over again, week in, week out and pretending that you've just caught it.

I take my hat off to you (well I would if I was wearing one like yours) :w

:D

B

binka

No. Fairs fair. Credit where credit is due. I have to admire your enthusiasm and skill in presenting a photo of the same fish whether it be a barbel or pike over and over again, week in, week out and pretending that you've just caught it.

That's really unfair Clive and you know it... I spent ages photoshopping that river carp over the top of a bream the other week and you haven't even mentioned it ;) :D

barbelboi

Reaction score
Cheeky sod! The sun was barely over the yardarm when I typed that post.

I take my hat off to you (well I would if I was wearing one like yours) :w

:D

Yep, I'll drink to that...;)
PS TBO I never was one for posting pics until Binka started his 'thread' and I'll try and contribute a bit, especially when the bu&&ers keep still..........

B

binka

I'll try and contribute a bit, especially when the bu&&ers keep still..........

Be warned Jerry... you'll have to stand firm to claims of micro-forceps and all manner of shady accusations of posting repeat fish :D :D :D

It's really not worth it mate :eek:mg:

Lovely looking river by the way...

nicepix

Reaction score
Yep, I'll drink to that...;)
PS TBO I never was one for posting pics until Binka started his 'thread' and I'll try and contribute a bit, especially when the bu&&ers keep still..........

When I fly-fished a lot I used to have a small camera that I kept in my top pocket and secured with a lanyard. It was possible to get the shot before the fish knew it was catched ;)

Who said flounder?

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:33 ----------

P.s.

I know of one member desperate to post his catch photos on here. Trouble is, he's still got six shots left on the roll of film in his Instamatic :D

barbelboi

Reaction score
Here's one of Simon (Peter Crabtree) with a 'bar of soap' from the LIF today.............

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Yep! plenty of not so skillful grayling juggling!

I have to say I had a thoroughly good day on the LIF ghillying for Neil. Look out for him in the next series of Britains Got Talent...I've never seen such an accomplished grayling juggler.

Seriously...great days fishing in great company. Fish of the day for me was Graham's flounder which when he first thrust it in my face I thought was a Frog escalope. Personally I lost as many fish as I landed but then Neil and I were fishing proper "mans" water with a bit of pace on and not tarting about like girlies on the slower glides. :D

Took me until Winchester on the way home to realise bloody Maidment stole my fish through his insanely heavy feeding upstream. I'm a bit river rusty...he'll not do me like that again. !

barbelboi

Reaction score
Yes, a good day out and great to meet up with a lot of familiar faces and a couple of new ones, wish I'd know earlier that the easy beats upstream were belatedly opened........................;)

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Great to see people happy, enjoying themselves, smiling and rubbing along very nicely together. Grayling days have that effect upon people. I used to take some pretty hard-bitten Spessie Boys for Away Days myself to some great grayling chalkstream waters that were mostly free to me from the late 1970s to mid 1990s, even teaching a few of them to fly fish for them (one soon brilliantly good at it, as he was at every sort of fishing, any species, any style, anywhere) and saw the therapeutic, transforming, mind-broadening effect. Should be available to all on free prescription.