A favour for a friend?

Simon Ashton

Reaction score
i wonder if this favour was meant to have been for me,being the poor bugger that has had the last 9 months wondering weather or not the boat i baught from nigel williams was to be reposessed by the insurence company!

i would have posted this sooner but a week before his conviction my pc knackered. i'd just like to get one thing straight, a favour in my mind is a good turn you do for a mate not cause a whole load of greif for the person in question. i baught the boat from him a year ago and had been asking him to sell me it since the start of the winter months.if it had been a favour it would have been a legitamate sale and not some sort of insurence cliam aimed at making a few quid.

i had police and insurence investagers at my door on about a dozen times at the start of this year and on christmas eve was even asked to go down to the police station and meet some investigators from down his neck of the woods!

maybe one good favour deserves another eh?......

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

i did tell em mate /forum/smilies/sarcastic_smiley.gif

Simon Ashton

Reaction score
cheers warren,i was getting a wee bit worried people might think i was involved. any chance i can bring the dodgy boat down the palice for the perch lol.....

karl emmerson

Reaction score
ive been good mates with simon for years now we have been out in the boat loads of time's now and had some memorable adventuers along the way . simon's a good lad and would do anything for a freind .once ago simon used to call nigel a freind but now the name alone sends a shiver up his spine. i think the two of them should get out on another session not just for the fishing but toclear the air and i would advise nige to take a gum shield and a good first aid kit . it was a dirty trick he pulled and deserves everythink he has getting and has tocome to. simons my best mate and i wouldent do anything to break our freindship. as to mr williams i think he has lost everything

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear you were the one on the end of this simon,i did wonder who the unfortunate person was.I used to respect Nigel as living in the fens some of the first fishing i ever did was for pike but in the last year i have to say that has gone.The guy seems to think rules and laws dont apply to him.Two convictions in the last ,what 18months or a year? Not the kind of publicity angling needs from our top names.All makes me wonder how many other rules the guy ignores???

Simon Ashton

Reaction score
ahh karlos the tackle, nice one mate. me and nicola have just read that with tears in our eyes!

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Simon; It could happen to any-one of us. You would not think that a mate would do a thing like that to you until it happens.

We are all gullible. And I don,t blame you in any-way.

And I do understand what your going through. But what ever you do,do not blame yourself for this.

Jimmy.

Simon Ashton

Reaction score
not at all jimmy.i used to fish with nigel and payed to fish with him aswell.we used to speak quite regular on the phone and when he said he was to buy a new wilson flyer the following spring i asked the question weather or not i could buy it or not.

when i saw it in the press just before christmas my heart sank.after all i thought my pride and joy was to be taken from me.to say i was shitting myself was an understatment.

anyway 'its water under the hull' now so im just pleased ive not lost out...

B

Bully

I have to say I am intrigued, but equally have not the faintest idea what this is all about!!

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Bully wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I have to say I am intrigued, but equally have not the faintest idea what this is all about!!</blockquote>
Look Here

B

Bully

Yeh, just found this. What a cock. Not only is it terrible for the guy who bought it (was that really Simon?), it also helps keep premiums high!

Simon Ashton

Reaction score
yeh its me simon ashton,i'll have to get a pic up on here for my profile shot.ive got one in the mail today on page one but dont know how to put them on here.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Good to hear you were able to keep the boat Simon.Who needs enemies with friends like that.

Good luck for the future.

C

Colin North, the one and only

There is never a crime without a victim mate. I'm glad things worked out for you.

Nathan

Reaction score
Thats a proper sh*t thing for a mate to do. As has already been said, don't blame yourself and im glad you got to keep the boat. Who knows, after all the press coverage you may be able to sell it on at a profit! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Nathan wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Thats a proper sh*t thing for a mate to do. As has already been said, don't blame yourself and im glad you got to keep the boat. Who knows, after all the press coverage you may be able to sell it on at a profit! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>
As an added bonus ask the policeif they have a spare mug shot for your profile /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif <blockquote class=quoteheader>Nathan wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Thats a proper sh*t thing for a mate to do. As has already been said, don't blame yourself and im glad you got to keep the boat. Who knows, after all the press coverage you may be able to sell it on at a profit! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>

John Heelis

Reaction score
Glad to hear that you got to keep the boat, Simon. It's a shame that your christmas was ruined by a mate. It's a terrible thing that he has done to you and you loved ones. Who knows you and Nigel may be mates again, but until then you appear to have gained some friends from the Fm family.

i know from experience what it is like to be treated as a criminal, when your just an innocent victim of someone elses crime. (mine involved a car but not a mate)

take care of yourself Simon and we look forward to some fishing posts from you....

(after all you must have some great pike tips (legal ones /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif) from the past)

Simon Ashton

Reaction score
ive got one or two but ive got my barbel head firmly on at the moment mate.did you see my fish in this weeks mail?(first page)

i was over the moon!!