memory cards

W

Wolfman Woody

I have the CF type you showed, a 2gb and a 4gb.

Watch the first one for your boy's camera. Not sure what the HC part of SDHC is. Does he need one that fast and that big?

I got one of these for my compact and it's ok.

C

Cakey

sorry Woddy he didnt need a quick card for his camera but for a projector that they show the pictures on and the quicker the card the quicker they load

P

pons

Thats a bloody good price for 4g extreme !!,and I use these ,excellent on my posh gear for motorsports on motordrive.

Pons

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Am i right in thinking that Flash is a rotating disk within the card?

W

Wolfman Woody

Nah.

Had to look it up because my brains gone addalt. /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif They were Microdrives.

Pile of poo.

W

Yeah, probably early days, i'm sure the early flash cards were disk rather than solid.

W

Wolfman Woody

Had to look it up because my brains gone addalt. /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif They were Microdrives.

W

Wolfman Woody

The word Flash in computing implies solid state, ie chips.

I think. /forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

W

Google....

CF did switch to NAND type memory later on. The IBM format, which used CF Type II, was not solid-state memory.

W

Iremember some time back when i was trying to convince Phil Smith the advantages of Digi, and this was one of the early disadvantages (CFII), going back a few years now.

C

Cakey

the switch to NAND was from NOR...................and the type11 was microdrive

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
This is the Compact Flash card that most of the pros use. Totally unnecessary for anyone but a pro or a photography tart, or for anyone who doesn't need ultimate processing speed.