Catch rate

blandford-esq

Reaction score
Just curious, when ever I see carp angles they tend to be sleeping or just sitting around, nothing seems to be happening. I know that carp fishing is a waiting game, but on average how many carp would you catch on a weekend out? do you blank offen? I've yet to see one caught as I'm passing.

Carpless

Reaction score
I'm on a brilliant blanking run at the minute but i could go tomorrow and catch 4 or 5. Even the best angler can blank, but for those 10+ minutes its worth every second.

blandford-esq

Reaction score
I can well understand the reward, I guess patients is a vertue. As for me, I'm a tench angler the waiting game is alot shorter. I take my hat off to any carp angler!

Carpless

Reaction score
For me its not always about the fish or just sitting round and sleeping. I try to stay up if times are hard, listening for any clues or just waiting for that run. You're always thinking about where they are, what to do etc. The reason I find it so intoxicating is the tactical planning that goes into it and then that leads to reward. Theres nothing better than pulling one out when everyone else on the lake is pulling their hair out. Its not just carp i fish for either...