Mallory Park

richiekelly

Reaction score
Went over to have a look at Mallory the other day just to see what was going on since the track closed, surprised to see that the lake in the middle of the track was almost completely drained, anyone know where the fish went?

jasonbean1

Reaction score
good memories of mallory when i was a kid, i was fortunate enough to get a free ticket from roy for a couple of years. favourite area was on gerrards bend...as the fishing stopped on the circuit now then?

richiekelly

Reaction score
good memories of mallory when i was a kid, i was fortunate enough to get a free ticket from roy for a couple of years. favourite area was on gerrards bend...as the fishing stopped on the circuit now then?

The track closed down after complaints of noise from 2 people in the village, don't think it was noise from the racing more from the rock groups they had playing there late into the night, don't know about the fishing but as I said the lake is drained.

My lad has told me today that someone has taken the track over which I am glad about, many happy memories from watching motorcycle racing there right from when I was a kid.

slaphead

Reaction score
It's not on the British Superbike calendar for next year, which is a shame.

Maybe it will return like Donington.

richiekelly

Reaction score
Needs money spending before that happens I am afraid though I would love to see it back there.

slaphead

Reaction score
I agree. I go down to Oulton Park which another picturesque circuit.

The lake there is a syndicate one, but I wouldn't be able to decide whether to watch the racing or fish. :eek:mg:

richiekelly

Reaction score
Only been to Oulton once lovely circuit, it seems the fish have been spread between 2 waters on the complex and as there are new circuit owners a new lease for the fishing will have to be sorted.

swamppig

Reaction score
ive heard on the grape vine its going to be used as a leisure facility for boats and jet skis ect

richiekelly

Reaction score
It may be I don't know, but I do know that the amount of noisy i.e. race days has yet to be agreed between the new owners and the council.

m chapman

Reaction score
We got some of the skimmers delivered to Newmillerdam (wakefield) from SLF. Lad who delivered said the lease had run out on that lake

ronroach

Reaction score
Fond memories of the Trans-Atlantic match races at Mallory, mid 70s. Never made the trip down to Brands but always went to Mallory Easter Sunday, Oulton Park on the Monday. Saw Barry Sheene, Kenny Roberts, Steve Baker, Mick Grant and many more.