mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just find it astonishing what kind of items turn up adorned with Realtree, regardless of source. It's like a disease.

Yeah Rob, and science has proven time and time again that Fish don't actually see different colours, only movement and silhouettes!

What is this fixation with carp angles and ''realtree'' camouflage?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
What is this fixation with carp angles and ''realtree'' camouflage?

Not just carp anglers,Mark. Its just clever marketing though the real tree obsession seems to have died down a bit. I suppose it might make you a bit more difficult for the bailiff to spot when "guesting"..... though the bivvy is a bit of a giveaway.

I'm delighted to say I dont own a single piece of realtree gear or clothing.I did try a Realtree jacket on once but didn't buy it because it made me look like a hydrangea bush.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now, I once had, not that long ago, some very nice Bangladeshi ladies in the East End running up bikinis and even garterbelts in Realtree, and very well-thought of they were too, not so much by those who were given then expected to wear them but by someone rather closer to home.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not just carp anglers,Mark. Its just clever marketing though the real tree obsession seems to have died down a bit. I suppose it might make you a bit more difficult for the bailiff to spot when "guesting"..... though the bivvy is a bit of a giveaway.

I'm delighted to say I dont own a single piece of realtree gear or clothing.I did try a Realtree jacket on once but didn't buy it because it made me look like a hydrangea bush.

...Or a Camilia (I have 7, my favorite shrub! :))

I can't believe that they actually do sunglasses in the stuff! In the USA turkey shooters wear it all the time...but have to wear hi-viz vests so they can be distinguished between humans and the quarry :eek:mg:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
In the USA turkey shooters wear it all the time...but have to wear hi-viz vests so they can be distinguished between humans and the quarry :eek:mg:

Very important H&S tip that. You wouldn't want to mistake your shooting buddy for a 6 foot tall turkey that looks like a tree would you ? Only in America.:eek:mg:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Very important H&S tip that. You wouldn't want to mistake your shooting buddy for a 6 foot tall turkey that looks like a tree would you ? Only in America.:eek:mg:

I have a friend in Michigan that tells me all sorts of weird and funny stuff about her fellow country people...Those yanks really are a crazy bunch!! :eek:mg:

nicepix

Reaction score

No Skippy. Here in France the chasse wear a Realtree type pattern in orange. Available in all good Decathalon stores over here :D

Actually, there is method in their madness. Tests have shown that many prey animals are deficient in the red / yellow ares of the spectrum and orange does not register as brightly as it does in our vision. Doesn't stop many chasseurs getting shot by their own colleagues though.

On Sundays the French countryside is not the place to be. From around 8am until midday there are hundreds of armed chasseurs out and about hunting everything from partridge to boar. From midday until 2pm it all goes quiet while they have their 'repas' which is a two hour drinking session. Then after 2pm they resume hunting until until dark, have another drinking session then all drive home :eek:

Guess which is the busiest day in A&E in France? On the first day of the shooting season the hospitals lay on extra staff :eek:mg:

That said; if they could do something about the boar that leaves tracks on the track just outside my house I would be obliged. From the size of its tracks it must be as large as a small car.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just found out what my other halves got me for Xmas...The new Daiwa TDR! can't wait :)
(Well she did get a nice ring in her stocking, hope she is genuinely happy with it, afterall it did only cost £500! shock horror!)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just found out what my other halves got me for Xmas...The new Daiwa TDR! can't wait :)
(Well she did get a nice ring in her stocking, hope she is genuinely happy with it, afterall it did only cost £500! shock horror!)

Mark you must have to much money m8 or shes doing things to blow your mind :wh

Keep the ring and give her back the reel ;):D

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mark you must have to much money m8 or shes doing things to blow your mind :wh

Keep the ring and give her back the reel ;):D

Morning tig,
According to some on here £500 is cheap for a ring! Its way enough in my opinion (can I have one of those on here?) at least if she buggers off its no big loss :)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Morning tig,
According to some on here £500 is cheap for a ring! Its way enough in my opinion (can I have one of those on here?) at least if she buggers off its no big loss :)

CHEAP !....for a ring !!!

Blimey I must be a cheap skate :w:wh:D

S-Kippy

Reaction score
According to a couple of female friends £2000 is the going rate :eek:

WHAT ! :eek: The long suffering Mrs S bought her own [how classy is that ? :w] and it cost about 70 quid. OK it was in 1873 but even so.

2 Long for a ring ? I'm struggling to come to terms with that....I thought £500 was way,way too much.

I hope that TDR isn't BLUE !:eek:mg:

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

On Sundays the French countryside is not the place to be. From around 8am until midday there are hundreds of armed chasseurs out and about hunting everything from partridge to boar. From midday until 2pm it all goes quiet while they have their 'repas' which is a two hour drinking session. Then after 2pm they resume hunting until until dark, have another drinking session then all drive home :eek:

Yes...I had the pleasure of being on holiday in the Dordogne when the hunting season opened. Fortunately we were up the hill but down in the valley it was like an artillery barrage on the Somme. It sounded like utter chaos and seemed to go on for ever.

Great holiday though. What a place.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
WHAT ! :eek: The long suffering Mrs S bought her own [how classy is that ? :w] and it cost about 70 quid. OK it was in 1873 but even so.

2 Long for a ring ? I'm struggling to come to terms with that....I thought £500 was way,way too much.

Louise knows the jeweler so we got £100 off!!

Yes skip, the reel is errrr...BLUE :D

nicepix

Reaction score

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

Yes...I had the pleasure of being on holiday in the Dordogne when the hunting season opened. Fortunately we were up the hill but down in the valley it was like an artillery barrage on the Somme. It sounded like utter chaos and seemed to go on for ever.

Great holiday though. What a place.

Sounds like Mrs. S is a woman after my wife's heart. No need for extravagance or unnecessary baubles.

If you ever find yourself in the north Dordogne you are welcome to pop over the border for a day's fishing. I've got several blue reels for you to choose from :D