hwo,s going fishing this week-end

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Come on guy,s. lets be having you, who,s going fishing this week-end. Even if it,s for a day.

I,m off on Friday to Sunday. Good luck to all.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to a French National holiday on Friday I have a 3 days weekend coming up.

So, I'll try to get onto the lake for a day and night session, otherwise it will be two day only stints on the Hampshire Avon, possibly on the Royalty.

S

Sean Meeghan

I'm off for a pie eating session with Deanos on Friday.

We're hoping for a double or two (preferably meat and potato!)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I might get a few hours sunday evening on the lea.

cakey have you booked bayford all to your self? bit small but some good fish.

J

John McLaren

Friday on the Wye and Saturday morning on the Teme. It's a fair hike so I'm hoping that river levels are not too unfriendly!

Fishing with a friend - we've talked and swapped stories about our respective fishing for years and this is the first time we've been able to arrange a couple of days to fish together!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

An evening /night session on the Thames , hopefully for a barbel or two.

S

Sean Meeghan

Aunty Kath does her washing on a Friday so she'll be down on the Aire with her scrubbing board. Gordon is sadly still in hospital due to a bad case of heat exhausion from the gorilla suit.

Apparantly Martin Bowler never got back to IYCF- thats how them stuck up southern jessies treat straightforward northern folk!

Morespiders

Reaction score
God Sean, Whoppits always in hospital, last time he had done something stupid, didnt he get his beak caught in something?.

Mr Bowlers not the bravest of lad's read somewhere he's frightened of grillers, got hugged by one when he was little, and its left bad memories.

Looks behind every bush and tussock now in case ones watching him, left him a bag of nerves. If he's ever fishing a swim you fancy just shout, grillers are comin and he will soon be gone.

C

Cakey

Ray a couple of mates have it booked for the weekend and invited me................

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Anyway, yep, had it all sorted, roach weekend.

Andnow I'm buggered! (doesn't happen too often!) the rain has ballsed it right up.

At my lower end we tend to get all of the bad stuff from upstream, it takes four days to go down after a proper flood!

Might have to go way upstream to go after the roach?

Chuffin summer!

Carpless

Reaction score
Not this weekend but tuesday/wednesday next week. Can't wait to try out my new sleeping bag. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>WTF's grillers???</blockquote>

God your silly Mr Spiller, Grillers a slang name we used when i used to go Gorrilla hunting with my mates, alas theres none left in England now, we killed them all, we used to sneak up behind them and shout BOO very loud and all at once, poor things died of fright.

Ps

Before anybody critisises me, we knew no better at the time, and am now very sorry we did it.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
But no one has told Mr Bowler you have killed them all???

Ahhh....................Good plan Spidee Man!

So when I sneak up on him at ***** all I've to do is shout "Grillers" and he'll leap into the water?

Oh I can't wait /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
I cant wait for Friday I can tell you!I have some top line kit, a PROPER rod for winching out those hard fighting Yorkshire mutant Gudgeon (Barbel I believe they are called).

Last month I got a RIGHT bargain on the front at Bridlington, I won the grand national race (the one behind the bingo...TWO FAT LADIES),and with my pocket BULGING with a £20 note...and a Vicki Pollard doll that I won on the grabber thing, I bought a bloody thick beech casting rod and some 70lb bs yellow line. I also have a brand new shopping trolley for transporting my kit to the river bank in.Also...I have some of the new river weights invented by Mr Gordon Whoppit!You may have heard of "Stonz"...you may have seen the other weights that actually look like turds!...he has invented.......BRICKS!

There are loads in the river Don, so the camo effect from one of these babies is assured.I think Sean may be a little bit jealous when hesee's my top line tackle to be honest!Just in case Sean gets caught up in the trees, I will have my chain saw...bloody trees are a right menace aren’t they!. Chop em down and its a lot easierto cast I can tell you!

For bait I have some of Whoppits Tixilix and Piccalilli boilies!...we haven’t actually tried them yet, but to be honest it was all that was left in the bloody cuboard..so beggars cant be choosey can they.I shall be sure to post an update, and fully expect to bag a few nice gudgeon, whilst Sean catches a couple of crappy ten pound barbel and stuff. A poor second of course, but I shall do my best to help Sean put a couple of decent gudgeon on the bank...I feel its only fair really!