Middle Severn Roach

oyster

Reaction score
Can any one suggest areas/swims in the BAA water or perhaps ticket water (on the bank). I have the itch to go out tomorrow and try on the Severn.

oyster

Reaction score
Well no replies but I can confirm despite cormorants and other problems the Severn @ Stourport was in fine form and even a sorry trier like myself had a good day.

2ur181s.jpg

Last edited:

markv

Reaction score
Looks like an excellent day, Oyster.

I would have certainly replied if I could, but i'm short on info myself ! :eek:).

Well done.

ravey

Reaction score
Lovely net of roach...well done. I wish I could replicate a net like that at this time of year on the Trent. Ah well, roll on next year.

oyster

Reaction score
The Trent is closer to me - I just wish I knew the river, its less than 10 miles from me and I think Ive fished it twice in my life.

Got to thank the guy at Allcocks Outdoor Store, basically told me where to fish on free water by the basin in stourport.

Last edited:

barisaxman

Reaction score
The Severn around Stourport was fishing really well before we had the rain, its about 3.4m at the mo!(nearly bank high). I was out on the 17th and had a good net of roach and some really good dace on the stick. The BAA at Newhall Meadows has been fishing really well and so has the other bank. Newhall would be the place but you have to pay to park. I can't see it fishing for a while yet with all this water on

oyster

Reaction score
Barisaxman - I think you are right it will take sometime. I would imagine there might be some decent fishing in the tributaries nearby. I went with the intention of fishing the newhalls meadow water, as I understood it you park in a community/sports centre. How far is the walk from the car park to the BAA stretch?

barisaxman

Reaction score
Its a good few hundred yards. I think the BAA water used to start at the rowing club but I think they let the first meadow go. The better pegs seem to be about half way down the beat, opposite and below the cottages on the other bank. I haven't fished Newhall yet as I have some fishing opposite, but I have seen some good fish coming out.

oyster

Reaction score
Thats the side I fished off the boat pontoon outside the Angel. Its free water - as I understand it - I was surprised at how many were fishing it at least 5 or 6 within my view. Is there better access to the water further down from this then?