Northamptonshire & nearby areas information

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
Is it just me that struggles to find reliable information about where you can fish in Northamptonshire? Trying to find information on rivers, lakes, reservoirs, gravel pits that are safe and produce fish (haven't been poached by EE) seems to be nigh on impossible. I've spent house on the internet trying to find out about certain stretches of river and other than a select few stretches it seems that nobody really knows. I don't wish to pay to join every syndicate as I simply can't afford to do so however, I also don't intend to fish illegally on any water. What do I do though when I feel I've made every possible effort to find out where I can and can't fish and still can't find out the relevant information? Is it too much to ask that there are simple maps indicating where can/can't be fished and who controls stretches of rivers like the Nene?

richiekelly

Reaction score
What type of fishing are you looking for? Northampton Nene Angling club might be worth a look, they have Turvey Mill on the Nene.

Last edited:

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
General course fishing either float or feeder and pike fishing which seems to be extremely sparse down here. I'm originally from the north west which is why my knowledge of the area is probably more limited than most. I'm used to still waters but would like to do some river fishing but seems to be a lot of places which aren't deemed that safe to fish/park or have been illegally fished so not much to catch sadly.

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
Hi Waveney, I fear a lot has changed since you fished them. Speaking to local tackle shops and the odd person I've seen about you get a lot of unwanted people at these places nowadays which is a real shame as when I was growing up you could be dropped off at any water fish all day and not have any problems (admittedly this was up north) so not sure if that was the case down here but seems to be fewer and fewer places you can fish and feel safe.

richiekelly

Reaction score
Have a look at castle ashby fishery, its a commercial type place but not just holes in the ground, for pike fishing sywell res is not that far from you both will have safe parking. theres also hollowell res wich is also safe but I haven't fished it for a number of years.

Last edited: