Paddlepoints.net website/canoes!

Jimbo

Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted to bring to your attention this website. A few weeks ago myself and my Dad we’re trying to enjoy a day on the River with an annual permit. We have had numerous issues with Canoeing.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago we noticed a car with a canoe pull up and challenged him, he seemed to think he could cross over a gate with a private sign and launch his canoe along our stream. He claimed not only was he a fly fisherman but he got the “route” from PaddlePoints.net.

We managed to get rid of him even though he claimed the route was verified and correct, the water and land is private and is non navigable. I have contacted the website and “Ben” sent me the reply saying he will "check the submission!". I contacted my club who said they would pass the info to the committee, not heard anything since. I have asked them to place some signs up.

I am trying to raise awareness of this site, I’m sure it’s going to cause issues for other clubs and day ticket waters, it seems irresponsible to post something like this with just merely a single “submission” from someone. Not only does it disturb our fishing (for which we have to pay for) but it is going to cause conflict, lead to people accessing private land with all sorts of other issues with it. As I said before, we have private signs up but they believe this relates to the fishing.

This might have been mentioned on this or other forums and I'm surprised the website has not come to the attention of our angling press. I have googled it and not found anything. For me, this is far more of a threat than cormorants.

Check the website, it might show YOUR water on it!

The bad one

Reaction score
Ta Peter. Very informative it is for me ;) Lists the clubs and address who are using our river illegally. It could be said this site is "inciting" paddlers to break the law both civil and criminal ;)

Jimbo

Reaction score
My club dont seem to want to do anything. I have also mailed Angling Trust and some of the national rags. Still cant believe no one has flagged this up already.

B

binka

Thanks for posting Jimbo, one of our waters is listed along with a photograph and the wording "Just a few danglers to watch out for"!

I've emailed our club secretary with the link and the info.

All the best.

Jimbo

Reaction score
No problem. Im sure many clubs have there waters listed. Hopefully the more people know the more that can be done.