Hair rigged fresh strawberries

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
A while back I saw a Matt Hayes video where he was fishing at a french lake for carp using fresh strawberries on a hair rig, he did quite well with them. So I finally decided to give them a go this weekend, has any used them before and did you have any good results with them? Tight lines

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I have not tried Strawberries, but had some carp on Glace Cherries last weekend, got to be worth a try

Lord Paul

Reaction score
I've seen carp mouthing a green bottle top floating on the surface of the water - they would see if they could eat it and then back away only to have another go so I think you could catch on strawberries.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Strawberries float so they would have to be fished pop up stylee. Ive used them before in Germany years ago didnt catch owt though.

Carpless

Reaction score
Yeah i've seen that episode, also caught one on an entire bread roll off the surface. It was their feeding time though. Strawberry's are worth a go though, let us know... Might be worth piercing them as well to let some off the juice leak out.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Any idea when you want to go? I`ve got a week booked off from work 2nd week of october, how about a couple of days then at Elphicks?

Tommo!

Reaction score
Trev, where were you in Germany. I'm in Sennelager at the mo and struggling on the local waters. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

As for the strawberries...can'y see why not if 20mm Strawberry boilies catch!

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Tommo if your in Senne (probably the best lager in the world) then your the other side of the training area from Hohne. One of the Cavalry units in Hohne has an Officers Mess in the training area and next to the Mess is a lake I think its called Bredabeck, anyway the army owns the land and squaddies and attached personnel are allowed to fish it. It has a good mix of fish in it with some decent size Carp too. Also in Hohne camp itself there is a lake that has some decent fish in. I would approach the Brederbeck lake as if its a commercial and the Camp lake as if its an estate lake.

Tommo!

Reaction score
Cheers Trev.

Fished Bredabeck about 6 years ago when I was in Fally, nice little water. Unfortunately it is around two hours away and therefore a bit of a mission for a day sesh.

Philip

Reaction score
I thought I would chip in about the strawberrys as it reminded me of something. I remember Rod Hutchinson said something about while he rated strawberry flavour as an all time classic, Strawberrys themselves were useless, so who knows.

Chuck some in a tank or pond and see if the goldfish will have em...

Colin W

Reaction score
is this an april fool [in august]/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

C

Cliff Hatton 2

I've been using strawberries since the early 70s! Never caught a bloody thing...