WHO HAS THE BEST WIFE IN THE LAND?

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Now come on chaps,we've all heard it on the bank,at fishing meetings and at work etc:

''I go fishing just when I want to-never mind what 'er indoors wants to do,I go fishing when I want to-and thats that''

Probably just a bit over the top but you get my drift!

So do tell---what does your wife do for you-listen to your tales of lost fish,buy your loaf for the roach fishing next day,makes sure you fishing togs are up to scratch and washed despite the smell of fish slime,NEVER moans or nags about you coming and going all hours of the day and night AND ALWAYS WILLING to take the kids to the Saturday morningfootball RATHER THAN GO CLOTHES SHOPPING etc etc etc

I would'nt change mine for the world(mind you,it took a few goes before I found the rIght one)and I just try to be fair........

BUT,would you change yours for a more understandingmodel and kick the present one into touch IF you had the chance????

I'm hoping to hear about love and understanding right down the line.....but.....

F

Fred Bonney

Mine's alright, a bit of give and take.

I do the cooking & chauffeuring

It's worked for 35 years.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Forty three years of wineing and dineing a whole procession of anglers, listening to tales of this species or that. Helping me paint floats, spool lines,whip rods, typing letters, waiting up for me when I've arrived home at unearthly hours, often with another angler in tow. And bringing three kids up during all this, a real treasure. All envied me, Ron could tell a tale or two amongst many.

I often tell her we're the last of the dinosaurs lass. A veritable diamond in the bright.

I nominate Patricia Ann.

C

Colin North, the one and only

I actually met my now wife in a fishing tackle shop. We fish together, take loads of photographs together and we share our mutual hobbies. We don't have any kids, so we can be as selfish as we want, and indulge ourselves.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
After 3 wives and endless <u>discussions</u> about my fishing I am now very happily divorced, and not looking to change my status either.

It is amazing how much more money one has for fishing 'goodies' when there is no 'Mrs' to have to pay for.

And, on that note, and if Ryan is looking in: where is my Trakker Support Frame System I ordered from your shop? eh?

[insert daft smiling thing - - - - > HERE]

Mithrandir

Reaction score
She is not my wife, but my live in partner. She lets me go out with the boys drinking, and stay out overnight without a hint of jealousy, she trusts me, lets me spend my spare cash on fishing, does not expect me to mow the lawn or do the decorating.

I think I am the lucky one.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Mine is in the top flight

takes me...I cannot drive

picks me up....Didn't bother learning whilst fishing

Blackbelt...so if you mess with me...she will kick your teath in

And she is hot (not literally)

Like as in "Foxy" ( but without the bushy tail)...( without the bushy anything actually)

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Lee Swords wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Like as in "Foxy" ( but without the bushy tail)...( without the bushy anything actually)</blockquote>

Blimey. Lee, considering some of your earlier posts on FM I am surprised you would be involved with a Brazilian. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

T

Tony Rocca

I fished long before I decided females were worth some attention.

Never had any problem with the ex muisses over fishing, she understood it made me a happy chap and maybe knew better than to try and stop me ever. Such a shame she started turning into her mother.

The current trainee wife likes to fish herself on occasion so its not an issue for me, nor will it ever be, you only live once and should do what you want.

I have never been able to understand why some mates have to ask their wives if they can go fishing, If you want to fish then fish, if she doesnt like it then get a new one.

I have never stopped any woman from going shopping or whatever they liked doing.

Emmo (Angling Trust)

Reaction score
As I type my wife is taking up some "camo" trousers for me!!

Used to fish with me until some to scumsucker stole our gear and unfortunately never got back into it with new equipment.

Has never stopped me fishing, and is so understanding when I've taken the only loaf roach fishing!

Her name is Christine.

And I love her to bits.

NIGE K

Reaction score
my wife amandais pretty good i have not worked for a couple of years (and no im not claiming benefits) she works and supports us i do the cooking and cleaning. she lets me go fishing whenever i want. she is a woman in a million.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
I had to ban my wife from fishing as she did better than me.

Mine asks me if I'm going fishing, makes me think she might have some one else on the side. And most importanly, never asks how much I've spent on tackle. Puts up my sandwiches if I don't do them myself. Always asks if I have a good a day.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
My wife jane and i have known each other since we were 8 years old/ went to school together, went our own ways when we left school, but always kept in touch.

Meet up and got together when we were 24, been 26 years now, 22 married, 3 boys and we are all fishing mad.

The important thing is trust, and keeping the friends you have both always had.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Ray, I've got the best missus.

She loves fishing and whoops my arse every time we go out together.

What more could a man ask for..................

Morespiders

Reaction score
You lot are so lucky, my wife hates me, and cant wait to see the back of me.

Shes always been the same, she even divorced me once, we got married again 8 years later, and she still hates me.<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ray Daywalker Clarke wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

My wife jane and i have known each other since we were 8 years old/ went to school together, went our own ways when we left school, but always kept in touch.

Meet up and got together when we were 24, been 26 years now, 22 married, 3 boys and we are all fishing mad.

The important thing is trust, and keeping the friends you have both always had.</blockquote>

You have got me in tears here Skywalker, what a nice story.

Wish I was so lucky, Ive got no mates either /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Donald Bain

Reaction score
My wife, Sue, just lets me get on with it, as long as I get home at a reasonable time!

BigRob

Reaction score
My Wife is just as into the fishing as me, we have sat in the rain, snow and sun fishing away....

I used to fish when I was young, and she brought me some kit last Crimbo, as she new I used to love it. trying to explain the feeling you get when you have a fish on wasn't easy so we brought her some kit to try for herself.

Never looked back, even better than that, rather than a nice holiday abroad this year we have two weeks, in two lovely converted barns one week in each not two at the same time of course

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif private fishing lakes on both, we have a bivi but she won't go as far to sleep in it lol, the place for our 2nd week near Boston has a hot tub etc, so not the normal rough living of a few days fishing but nice to have a wife who is loving it like me...

I would say I am very lucky, untill she gets a bigger catch then me.

Gordon Wyatt

Reaction score
My wife hates fishing, but i have been fishing for 40 years and by a coincident i will have been married for 40 years next year. but in the early years i would go out on Friday and come back on Monday morning have a shower and go to work. I thing thatstill being married and going sill going fishing says it all.