milton pools OR linear fisheries complex

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Linear is the best choice, try Brasenose 1, contact them first to make sure the lake is open, they have a website. Get there early to claim a swim as it does get very busy,even mid-week.

Milton Pools sound like a shadow of their past, I've read many a bad report concerning fish kills,unsociable behaviour from management and clients and general lack of etiquette mixed in with a large lump of argy-bargy.

Reaction score
as far as i know st johns and manor farm are the only ones open so out of tyhose which one and what bait should i use .

N

Nobby C (ACA)

No idea on those, I don't think they are 'runs' waters by any means, certainly not in the sense that B1 is anyroad. I suggest you check the website and phone Roy Parsons or whoever runs the office and speak to them directly.

Reaction score
BRASENOSE 1 OPENS ON THE 18TH OF AUGUST NOW.

so do you know what baits would be best on this water and is this a "runs" water

N

Nobby C (ACA)

yellow pop ups, plastic corn, spodding hemp/pellets, it was designed to be a runs water, but fish get older and wiser though I reckon you'll get a few on the day.

Reaction score
thats ok because i have spme plastic pop up corn and 25 kg of trout pellets .

thanks for the advice/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
PP

At Brasnose 1 I found that the fish sit pretty much in the middle of the lake, about 100-120 yards out. As Nobby said, Yellow pop ups work well. Use smaller bait and make a snowman.

Good luck /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Specihunter

Reaction score
let us know how it goes. oh i had 2 goldfish out of milton pools and agree with nobby on milton pools.