Damn ! I've been rumbled

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I suppose it was inevitable really.

Mrs S has decided to make some ice cubes for the festivities only to discover that the ice cube tray is full of roach. :eek:mg: I tried to argue that by putting them there I was freeing up freezer space for her mince pies but she's not having it.

I hope she doesn't look under the frozen veg. There's 15 sardines and 2 packets of lamprey.:eek:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I suppose it was inevitable really.

Mrs S has decided to make some ice cubes for the festivities only to discover that the ice cube tray is full of roach. :eek:mg: I tried to argue that by putting them there I was freeing up freezer space for her mince pies but she's not having it.

I hope she doesn't look under the frozen veg. There's 15 sardines and 2 packets of lamprey.:eek:

Looks like you'll be buying a bait freezer i nthe sales:D

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Given that there is currently more food in this house than a UN Food convoy I really dont understand why I'm getting such grief over a few roach and about 10 sq ins of freezer space. I am tempted to smuggle one into her Boxing Day prawn cocktail !

robtherake

Reaction score
I wonder how many of us are in the same precarious position. My own weakness is that I can't bear to throw bait away after a session, so the chest freezer is half full of little bags of groundbait and pellets, liquidised bread, pastes, boilies and tons of other random stuff.
None of it's labelled, so it hardly ever gets reused, it just...accumulates!

Some weeks ago, I defrosted what seemed to be leftover chilli only to find that it was pigeon conditioner in a "soup" of malt extract :eek:mg:

P

pointngo

not had that problem since buying a cheap, second hand chest freezer for the garage.The missus at the time didn't really mind deadbaits or boilies but it all came to a head when she found a few pints of frozen maggots in the meat compartment! :D

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
not had that problem since buying a cheap, second hand chest freezer for the garage.The missus at the time didn't really mind deadbaits or boilies but it all came to a head when she found a few pints of frozen maggots in the meat compartment! :D

I hope that it wasn't her meat compartment, I've heard of matchmen keeping their bait in their mouths, but that's ridiculous.

john step

Reaction score
Given that there is currently more food in this house than a UN Food convoy I really dont understand why I'm getting such grief over a few roach and about 10 sq ins of freezer space. I am tempted to smuggle one into her Boxing Day prawn cocktail !

Take the barbless treble out first.

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

I wonder how many of us are in the same precarious position. My own weakness is that I can't bear to throw bait away after a session, so the chest freezer is half full of little bags of groundbait and pellets, liquidised bread, pastes, boilies and tons of other random stuff.
None of it's labelled, so it hardly ever gets reused, it just...accumulates!

Some weeks ago, I defrosted what seemed to be leftover chilli only to find that it was pigeon conditioner in a "soup" of malt extract :eek:mg:

I notice you are from Yorkshire and I appreciate that Yorkshiremen can make a Scot seem like a spendthrift so I do understand fully the reluctance to discard bait. The "careful virus" must have crossed the Humber via the bridge to Lincolnshire as I now do the same as the nearest tackle shop is over a gallon of diesel away. Maggots are bought in volume and frozen. It also saves all those little unpleasant issues with escapees in the kitchen which my sandwich maker gets unreasonably cross with.:)

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Is that wise? You'll get the look!!:eek:

Merry Christmas :)

I've been getting that ever since my shoal of stealth roach were discovered and its been going downhill ever since. I really don't see how its my fault the turkey she picked is so huge she cannot lift it and if somebody says "dont forget the cream" its no good having a go at them when they obey orders but didn't realise you actually meant "creme fraiche". I'm not bloody clairvoyant.

Warm the sub up somebody !

terry m

Reaction score
I bought a table top freezer solely for bait that lives in the shed for this exact reason.

The irony is that at Christmas the main freezer gets overwhelmed and my better half asks very nicely if there is any room in the bait freezer!!

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I take it you make a small 'charge' for this service...........................if you get my drift..

Some might expect something for nothing though (out of the goodness of your heart) etc etc..