What gear did you get for Christmas

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So far I got one new rod a KORUM 11.6 1.1 xpert avon and four new Esox lures the rod from my eldest son and the lures from my grandsons. How did you do.:)

neil1970

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to receive a drenan avon rod, some hooks and some halibut pellets, and a copy of Mr Crabtree (I used to spend hours looking at my dads one years back)

Also a bit of cash which I will be putting towards an Uxbridge Rovers member ship in the new year. :)

mick b

Reaction score
Bomb proof solar watch from my Lady.

A bottle of Pusser's from my sister.

Mark W's book 'Big Roach' from my Father.

B

binka

Not married and no children but bought myself a Daiwa Infinity 1.75lb barbel rod.

Nice one Phil, that's the way to go mate... make sure you treat yourself every now and again.

I did the same with the Hardy bomb rod a week or so ago with the intention of passing it off as my Christmas treat, all good and well until finding myself on Harrissportsmail last night and ordering the landing net pole, smuggler carryall and a few other bits 'n bobs to go with it :eek:mg:

sumtime

Reaction score
One of those Phillips nose/ear hair thingies, socks :( PJ's (I sleep in me nuddy :() socks, a16 gig SD micro card, socks, a few bob, smellies, socks, more smellies.....and a pair of socks.....they were thermal tho'. :rolleyes:

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Nice one Phil, that's the way to go mate... make sure you treat yourself every now and again.

I did the same with the Hardy bomb rod a week or so ago with the intention of passing it off as my Christmas treat, all good and well until finding myself on Harrissportsmail last night and ordering the landing net pole, smuggler carryall and a few other bits 'n bobs to go with it :eek:mg:

Hardy bomb rod sounds good, Binks. I need a new bomb / light feeder rod. Can you recommend it? :)

B

binka

Hardy bomb rod sounds good, Binks. I need a new bomb / light feeder rod. Can you recommend it? :)

It had its first outing today mate and a sweet, sweet rod if ever there was one.

It's the original (pre-Supero) Marksman which is stated as having a tip to middle action but I can assure you it's a through action just like the newer Supero's... if you have a look on the Hardy site there are some testimonials and I think the Supero was ATs product of the year.

If you manage to find one Phil don't just waggle it, have it ringed up and take a good lean back with it :)

A beautiful rod.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I might go and get myself some socks in the sales :(.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
It had its first outing today mate and a sweet, sweet rod if ever there was one.

It's the original (pre-Supero) Marksman which is stated as having a tip to middle action but I can assure you it's a through action just like the newer Supero's... if you have a look on the Hardy site there are some testimonials and I think the Supero was ATs product of the year.

If you manage to find one Phil don't just waggle it, have it ringed up and take a good lean back with it :)

A beautiful rod.

Thanks, mate - I shall give it serious consideration. Good to know Hardy haven't rested on their Laurels, so to speak.....:)

Glad it handled well - and that it got Christened.

All the best, mate.

Phil.

robbush

Reaction score
My mrs bought me a tricast John allerton 15ft premier match rod,gonna get out tomorrow and do a bit of trotting with a stick float

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Binks,

I just thought about things and this is the first Daiwa rod I've bought since a Porky Pig. Anyone else old enough to remember them?? :)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Binks,

I just thought about things and this is the first Daiwa rod I've bought since a Porky Pig. Anyone else old enough to remember them?? :)

Yes...me,you saucy git !

I got NO fishing gear because there really wasn't anything I wanted,needed or fancied. I did get "A History of Pike Fishing Vol 1" from the long suffering Mrs S which was rather nice though somewhat ironic given her hysterical reaction yesterday to a few roach [ok a couple of dozen] in her ice cube tray. Looks superb and its the sort of thing I'd not buy myself so a very nice present.

Last edited:

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Isn't there a truce at Christmas??

I don't mind being called saucy but did it HAVE to be by you?

Couldn't be female, 24, Swedish with a dad who owns a brewery, could you? Oh no.....:D

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Yeah, well, you know you could NEVER get away with it - Mrs S is a Ninja wiv a knife....and you have to sleep sometime.

This Christmas has been singularly, spectacularly cr3p but next year, I've decided, is going to be so much better.

I mean, seriously, who else could get viciously bitten by a hamster on Christmas Day? Is it any wonder I'm twisted.

Sometimes, I really do wonder....:)

robtherake

Reaction score
Got an assortment of Korum luggage from the kids; 5 rod quiver, Multi-mat and ITM Tabletop Ruckbag. Sadly, the Cralusso floats and other bits didn't turn up in time, but that's something to look forward to.

The missus got me (among other things) a camo onesie! I think it was meant as a joke, but it's gonna make a great hooded undersuit:w

My handicapped lad (bless 'im) at 20yrs old went out and chose the first ever Xmas gifts he's ever found himself without any help or prompting.

I'm now the proud owner of a Craghoppers fleece and thermal snood 'n' gloves set. To say I was choked doesn't come close to explaining how I feel.

At the risk of sounding sentimental I think I'm truly blessed.

All the best to you, one and all. :D

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

Binks,

Used to have the glass version with a white spliced-in quiver; maybe it was the 11'6" Barnsley Blacks rod - a great river 'tip rod, without a doubt.

Last edited:

lambert1

Reaction score
As mentioned in my first post I got the Okuma reel, which I cannot wait to try out, some method feeders from my son and I gather that there are still some floats to come as they did not turn up in time. I am taking the relatives out for a long post Christmas walk which by sheer chance will be down to the rivers!
Merry Christmas to all on FM!