andyj1945

Reaction score
I am a new member from Dorset and live only 150 yards from the Lower Stour at Iford. I am an 'all rounder' but specealise in chub, barbel and particularly roach. Mainly fish Throop, beats 1 and 3, away from the madding crowds. I generally float fish, using a pin but will use a FP if really neccessary. Have been living in Bournemouth for over 45 years, prior to that on the Thames at Sunbury.

mick b

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Correction you don't live 150 yards from the Stour at Iford, the river (water) is right outside your front door after all this rain?

Gotta laugh eh, or we would all be crying :D

Were all mad as hatters on here, but you'll get used to it :w

andyj1945

Reaction score
I am lucky as I live just the other side of Iford roundabout, so well above flood level!

bigfish74

Reaction score
If i lived that close to that river i woulndt find time to be on here lol
Welcome in

Andy

andyj1945

Reaction score
You would need about 10 ozs of lead and a beachcaster at best just now. I will be back fishing just soon as it fines off a bit. Or a lot!!

mick b

Reaction score
You would need about 10 ozs of lead and a beachcaster at best just now. I will be back fishing just soon as it fines off a bit. Or a lot!!

You got yourself a job mate, posting the conditions of the river Stour at Iford bridge :D

At the moment its almost sandbags and launch the boat time around here.

A neighbour has just had a single tile blown off his roof, it fell onto his drive where his two cars were standing......:eek:
Motto; if you own two cars you deserve everything they bring, good and bad :eek:mg:

andyj1945

Reaction score
Yes Mick, perhaps I have.
The level is up to nearly the same as Xmas Day and looking at the gauge hieghts further up stream there is a lot more to come. Throop is definately unfishable, (you can't find it!), and I don't think an sensible person should go near it at present. Long range it would sugeest towards the middle of January before it may settle down, but the Yanks are sending it over every couple of days or so, don't hold your breath anytime soon.

mick b

Reaction score
Big tides and an onshore blow, that'll up the Flounder population in the Itchen for sure.

Get-em nice and fat for the next fish-in :eek:mg:

mick b

Reaction score
The river at Salisbury is over the top, the Test is half a mile wide at the M27 bridge and the Itchen is........oh no..:eek:

And in my lounge my new Ultralight is just itching for an outing........:eek:mg: