Little quiver rod

naxian62

Reaction score
Anyone heard of or used a "Kingfisher" quiver rod ? 7 or 8ft, I think. Guy I know's trying to sell me one, an I 've been after a little tip rod to try an catch a few livebaits when I'm out piking

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've seen two distinct "Kingfisher" brands. IIRC there was a budget brand, that may well have sold through Argos. Pretty much all of the Kingfisher rods currently listed on Ebay are from this budget brand. There's even a seven foot quiver rod on there, which might just be quite similar to what you've been offered.

Then there's the "Kingfisher" brand of a (North West, I think) custom rod builder. If it's one of these, it'll be in a different league to the other brand.

nicepix

Reaction score
Dawsons of Sheffield sell their own brand of small quiver tip rods called the 'River Don Special'. Nominally they are around 5 to 6 feet long with short cork handles and a long spliced in quiver section. The handle comes off otherwise they are one-piece and sell at £25. If you give them a ring they will be able to advise you on what they have in stock or the price of a custom rod to your own specifications.

0114 281 2178

sumtime

Reaction score
Seen a Kingfisher quiver rod go for £6 on Ebay, if it you really want it and it's the Argos Kingfisher brand, offer him a fiver, he's gettin' a bargain.

There are some decent cheap quiver rods out there (Shakespeare for instance, I have one, they are excellent for the money), have a look around before you dive in. ;)

Reaction score
Yep saw one the Shakespeare 8 ft quivers in a local tackle shop (retail about £23.00).....I was tempted.....oh I was tempted....but I resisted .........just.

Which must show that I am saving for higher things for which my wallet has yet to become aware

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Have to admire such self control.............The thing is, will it last, or will you sneak back for another look and 'fold' at the last minute..
.......................and anyway, it's the New Year and don't you deserve a little treat?

We all have that little voice whispering in our ear....I'm fighting off a new brollie at the moment, but I expect I'll wait until the nylon top goes flying across the river before acting.....

nicepix

Reaction score
Tell you what; that little quiver rod I have is brilliant for fishing those really small overgrown rivers. I used to take it to the farm pond where I used to live and had a few carp to about 6lb on it. I've never seen a rod bend so much :D

I was fishing an overgrown stretch of the Charente last summer with it and spotted a carp about 10lb laid against the far bank just upstream. I thought about it for a split second, as you do, then moved on and left it be. That would have been suicide for the little rod. :eek:mg:

flightliner

Reaction score
Dawsons of Sheffield sell their own brand of small quiver tip rods called the 'River Don Special'. Nominally they are around 5 to 6 feet long with short cork handles and a long spliced in quiver section. The handle comes off otherwise they are one-piece and sell at £25. If you give them a ring they will be able to advise you on what they have in stock or the price of a custom rod to your own specifications.

0114 281 2178

Sounds worth a look NP, next time i,m down at Lock stock n barrel for some cartridges I,ll pop in-- only a few yards down the road.