On the Kennet for the Charity Auction

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Well done Steve and his customers!! This guiding lark can be tough on one's mental health sometimes though, eh Mate.

It certainly has been fishing very hard this season, well done to catch when others didn't see any fish.

BTW...the difficult swim, customer had a 9.6 Wednesday so they are still there.

Mama Mia is a great film.....and those are 3 great writeups.

Graham

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Don't worry Graham I'll leave the guiding to the experts from now on /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

It really was a great day, Gary and Mark were fantastic guests. Mark was so impressed with the Kennet he is now considering joining the RDAA. We will all meet up again on the Kennet in the near future, hopefully it will be a bit more rewarding next time, but even if it isn't it will be lovely to spend some time on such a beautiful river.

Thanks to Gary and Mark for a wonderful day and an even bigger thanks for the money you both gave to the charity.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Superb write up Gentlemen and well done on your catch.

I agree with Steve, the Kennet is a beautiful river and I mighttry to convince my family to buy me a membership for x-mas/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Skoda

Reaction score
Outstanding write up lads. Trying to catch fish to order is nigh on impossible. Well done one and all. I've only just stopped laughing at Steve's accent, does he really talk loik thaart?/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Andy

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Andy.

I think around that part of the country the tend to stick together....

For marriages and things..../forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif

Graham

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Yes Graham, you've really nothing to worry about workwise /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Skoda, everyone talks like that from Brizzle. Steve's is a "prroperr aksant".

A nudge to Claudia's family, I know what she wants for christmas, and who can blame her. The kennet sure lives up to it's reputation even on those hard to fish days.

Oh, and Mark, the wife gave me the nickname 'cos I am at times. /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

Gary

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hahahaha

You'll have to attend a fish-in if you wanna find out Skoda, I might even bring me combined arvester an sum gurt lush coider /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

It's the little villages down Zumerzet where they keep it in the family Graham /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Anywayyou will be tucked up in bed by now Graham, soyou won't read this until tomorrow /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Seriously though, it was a great day and next time the Kennet might show us it's full potential and give us a real gem.

Claudia, the ticket runs from June to June so Mike will be able to start saving now!

You can both fish it for £58, partners fish for free! What a bargain.

C

Cakey

nice one Steve and Gary ................................bog off Mark/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

I've got a day out with you coming up......................./forum/smilies/sleepy_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Excellent reports from the three of you, very entertaining reading.

I know what you went through Steve, Graham Elliot haddonated a wadtojoin me on the Stour the day before your efforts. Crazy, but I was nervous as hell and so wanted him to catch (the write up - of sorts - is with Graham M.) so I wont spoil the anticipation!/forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif Suffice to say that the day was a lot of fun. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

However, I'm getting a bit fed up with seeing photos of that pretty little weir, perhaps I need to fish it for myself /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif