:w:w
I WOULD LIKE TO WISH,
BINKA<BEERWEASEL<DEREK GIBSON<DORSET AND CHUB<BARBELBOI
FRUITOWL AND MICK B AND EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM A VERY HAPPY
:w NEW YEAR :w
HUNTERS MOON:):).

B

binka

And a very Happy New Year to you too HM and to everyone here on FM... may your bobbins twitch and your floats dip a'plenty!

Cheers everyone :w

Right... I'm off chubbing :) :w :)

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wish every fellow-angler on the forum a happy, productive and, above all, a healthy 2014. :w

beerweasel

Reaction score
Happy new year to you all, I hope everyone gets a PB this year.
Cheers. :w

barbelboi

Reaction score
Happy New Year to all
champagne-popping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I'll second that!!
Usually end up going to bed at 11.30 just to avoid stupid and quite pointless celebrations that culminate in even more stupidity between 11.58 and 12.02......My wife and I might have a quiet dram together during the evening, but that's about it.

Personally the only good thing about tonight is that it puts a lid on the old year which has been as bad as it gets for me and my family, but we can now face 2014 with real enthusiasm........it certainly looks promising!

Happy New Year to all of us and out families!

ps the New Year would've started really badly had Messrs Murray and Beckham been awarded Knighthoods........I might not have survived 'LADY' Beckham....................................................

Last edited:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm hoping the forecast rain might keep the idiots & their fireworks indoors....but I doubt it.

I agree with you on the fireworks mate, our dogs are terrified of the bloody things, it was bad enough when it was just once a year but now the foookin idiots are having it large whatever the occasion, they should be banned outright! Why are folk so damn selfish?

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

I'll second that!!
Usually end up going to bed at 11.30 just to avoid stupid and quite pointless celebrations that culminate in even more stupidity between 11.58 and 12.02......My wife and I might have a quiet dram together during the evening, but that's about it.

Personally the only good thing about tonight is that it puts a lid on the old year which has been as bad as it gets for me and my family, but we can now face 2014 with real enthusiasm........it certainly looks promising!

Happy New Year to all of us and our families!

ps the New Year would've started really badly had Messrs Murray and Beckham been awarded Knighthoods........I might not have survived 'LADY' Beckham....................................................

I have not been out on new years eve for about five years and I haven't missed it one bit!
there was a time when I would not have missed going out new years eve for the world, but the last time I went out around my village (about 5 years ago) it was deserted, gone were the gangs in fancy dress, the packed pubs and the atmosphere, and along with it went my ''spirit'' I don't think i've missed much to be honest!

Anyway, good health to you all and I hope the new year brings you all the joy and Happiness you search for and god bless you all :)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Why are folk so damn selfish?

Sadly I think its indicative of the prevalent attitude in this country now. Its all about ME and what I want and stuff everybody else. Lad that works for me says it went on until 3 am round his way last year...but he does live in Bandit country.

Thatcher's real legacy IMO. Can I say that ? Well I just did !

I'm back at work [again] on Thursday...thank God !

sumtime

Reaction score
Happy healthy New Year all :) we don't go out on New Year, Christmas is our time with the family/s, I'm on here, my missus is watching Holby City so I opened a bottle of lemonade, poured the lemo into two glasses with Southern Comfort, threw in a slice of lemon in each glass then threw the end of the lemon in the bin.

Couldn't find the top off the lemonade bottle until minutes later I realised I slung the top in the bin as it's the same colour as the lemon, it's an age thing innit?. :eek: