Ministry of bad design

Philip

Reaction score
I was running short of beads so rather than go with my usual ones I thought I would try a different version I found in a tackle shop. “High quality buffer beads” it said on the packet. That will do me I thought and purchased it. Next day I am fishing - slid a weight on the line then the bead and then my hooklength. Dropped it in the margins as I looked for my bait and then swung it back to my hand. The bead was gone…just a shattered bit of bead was left on the line. Oh well, must have been a duff one, so I cut the line slid on a second bead, tied my hook length back on and dropped it in the margins again…same thing again…shattered bead. This is strange I thought. the pack definitely says High quality buffer beads.. so I slid on a third bead and retied the hooklength. I was about to drop it into the margins again but I paused. I grabbed the tackle and with the line hanging vertically I pulled the lead a few inches up the line and let it go and watched it slide down to meet the bead. The moment it hit the bead it shattered….this was dropping a 3oz lead from a distance of about 6 inches! …HIGH QUALITY BUFFER BEAD!!!!... you gotta be kidding… I just burst out laughing as to design something THAT BAD for an intended purpose takes real effort. I am keeping the pack as a sort of pick me up as each I time I look at it I just start laughing.

…Anyone else got any“not up to the job” tackle stories they want to share?

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
You'd better ask my wife, I couldn't possibly comment /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

OOPS! Not bait box - sorry /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

Philip

Reaction score
I wanted to avoid naming and shaming Slime...but I dont think its a brand you can get too easily in UK in case your worried about picking em up. Funny thing is I knew they were going to be bad...they were made of that awful mega hard transparent plastic and I still purchased them....they were cheap...now I know why !