where to night fish in lincolnshire

wayne bradford

Reaction score
Hi guys could someon please tell me of good spots to night fish in lincolnshire i am bored of smeatons at newark and need a new venue so please can somone help

tight lines guys /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
Hi mate as im in lincolnshire i might be able to help have a go at saphires lake near newark lovelly place to spend a few nights and a chance to catch a30lber theres also woodland waters at ancaster a bit bigger water but still a nice place theres also oakhill fishery at norton disney on the A46 all these lakes have web sites check them out, if you need any info let me know theres also the A1 pits,cromwell lakes, theres loads of places where abouts are you based in lincolnshire wayne?maybe we can meet up one weekend for a session and come and meet a few of the lads

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
im in grantham mate so not that far away we normally do a lot of how fishing newark or notts side so its about half way iv addressed your email so i will email you next time we are doing a weekender to see if your up for it we are off to france this friday for a week so it will be after that but check out the web sites bud they are all nice places to fish and im sure we can sort something out

wayne bradford

Reaction score
i looking at sapphire lakes as we speak once again m8 thankyou very much for the info hope u have a trip of a lifetime in france and have a safe jerney good luck and we will deffo sort somthin out

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
cheers bud im just going to send you an email so you can save my address and let me know if your going to saphires i will give you some ideas graham the bloke who owns it is a great lad

Lyndon Hughes

Reaction score
Wayne,if your going to fish sapphire you really need to give Graham a ring,i went down to have a look a couple of weeks ago and Graham was saying the carp lake is booked most weekends but there is usually a few pegs available midweek but its always best to ring first,i must say though the carp lake looks superb,theres also 2 other lakes/ponds down there,hes got the match lake and what he calls the stock pond and apparantley they both hold good head of fish but dont go to the weight of the main carp lake,give Graham a ring as Richard says hes a very helpfull bloke and very happy to talk to you.Ive been looking for places to fish as ive just started concentrating on carp fishing,i went down to smeatons i just wanted to do a day session but was told i had to be off the lake by 6pm so needless to say i didnt fish,silly rule i think but i suppose thats up to them but they wont be getting my ticket money.Richard also mentioned oakhill and the a1 pits,i went down to oakhill another lovely looking place also very local to me you can also get your vehicle behind your peg but i was told my vehicle was to big so again no fishing,a1 pits 6 lakes to choose from,they have there own forum which keeps you up to date with catches,baits etc etc,by all accounts these lakes can be hard going but do produce some good specimens.Theres another place i found just outside lincoln at Langworth,its called Langdale,they also have there own web site,2 lakes a specimen lake and a mixed lake both of which look very nice and hold good head of fish.Like richard says there is a few places round the area,theres also Richmond at lincoln which is now open again.Hope this is of some help,Lyndon.

wayne bradford

Reaction score
thankfor the heads up and the infolyndon i will givegraham a ring im not to fussy of fish sizejust as long as i enjoy my stay (lol) the problem with smeatons is the owners they seam more interested in the caravans than they do the fishing the night fishing on the carp lake is £12 a night and best pegs i have found are 3 and 4 because u can park right behind where u fish there are some BIG fish in there but to get em i think u have to spend a good week there the other ponds are stocked with everything else paul the grounds keeper is a top lad and so is his son

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
i spent an whole year fishing langworth just as the new owner took over the lilly pads lake was a stunning place not very big but loads of features to fish to i had loads of fish out up to 28lb was planning another year on there last year but the place got devastated in the floods and he last the majority of his stock it was that bad he shut it down due to the fish loss but fair play to the guy he has spent alot of money on the place by draining it and desilting it and sorting the banks out he has also restocked it with simmos and i think they are doing well i will give it a couple of seasons before i go back to give it all a chance to settle down again but its a lovelly place like lyndon said and can only get better as time goes by if you do phone graham wayne tell him you have been talking to **** from grantham he knows me really well cheers m8 be it touch soon

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
by the the way lyndon what sort of vehicle are you driving around in an artic or something lol barry at oakhill is a decent guy cant image why he wouldnt let you take your vehicle round

Lyndon Hughes

Reaction score
LOL Richard that made me laugh,no m8 not driving an artic i havnt got that much gear,ive got a medium sized minibus,need it for the grandkids etc,when i went down i think Barry must have been away because i spoke to an elderly lady and to be honest she wasnt to freindly,i asked her if i could have a look round the lake she wasnt very keen but did let me in the end,i dont think i would have a problem getting my bus round at all but i didnt want to argue and upset anybody so i didnt bother stopping,ive since been told by a lad at castaways that you can get a bit of a frosty reception the first time you go there but when they get to know you there not so bad,its a shame really because it is very close to where i am and i would have liked to have fished it,its got everything you need really peace and quiet,security,get your vehicle behind your peg,theres not a lot more you can ask for.Wayne youll enjoy Sapphire m8 its a very nice place and the ticket prices are very good value,i havnt fished it yet but i will be going down in the very near future.Richard,was you down sapphire about 3 weeks ago for the week with a few other carp anglers?im only asking because i went and had a look on the sunday,it was boiling hot and these guys had just come for the week,i was talking to a bloke from grantham who was just setting up,i watched him wade in and rake some of the weed out of his swim,i was also talking to a couple of guys in the pegs next to the house,one of them had a bluevan he had kitted out to sleep in,really nice guys,hope your trip to france goes well Richard.

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
my god what a small world it is that was one of my mates wading in i was in the peg next to him my m8 can remember you chatting to him the other lads near the house are also my buddies we always fish together 4 times a year as they come from darlington great bunch of lads though like i said to wayne when i get back from france do you fancy having a bit of a social at saphires with usand hopefully wayne can joinus your right about oakhill it can be a bit dodgy untill they get to know you but if you do go just tell barry that you have been talking to richard turner from grantham iv known barry since i was a kid where abouts are you from then wayne ? leave me your email address bud and i will be in touch after our trip to france bye for now

Lyndon Hughes

Reaction score
Yes like you say what a smallworld it is,i would love to have a social at sapphire and hopefully Wayne can join us to.I live at Claypole just outside Newark,ill send you a pm with my email address and well be in touch when you get back.Good luck and tight lines,Lyndon.

wayne bradford

Reaction score
hi guys just let you knowme and a m8 are booked in to sapphire lakes next friday till saterday very short stint this time as the wife is exspecting our 3rd and the 2 we got at home are being little sods as kids are LOL should be enough time to get a feel of the place atleastlooking forwerd to it/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

tight lines guys

wayne bradford

Reaction score
bugger just thought of somthin im gonna need to pull a sickie from work anyone know of a good bug going around LOL

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
nice one wayne you will enjoy it im sure if you get the chance drop onto the peg they call the gravels its a nice big double peg with loads of featuresto go at and normally produces a fish as your only going for a short session i wouldnt go mad with the bait just a pva bag and a few loose offerings around the hookbait did you tell graham that you been chatting with me ?sourse boillies did the trick for me last time i was there fished right close to the reeds once again mate hope you av a good time let me know how you got and i will sort a weekend out when i get back bye for now.bye the way just tell your boss that your going fishing im sure he will be ok about it lol

wayne bradford

Reaction score
lol hope you havin a good time buddy no i didn't tell him i know you but i deffo will when i see him like to do that sort of thing face to face nah carn't tell my boss that hes a golfer and a knob lol

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
by the way looks like we found someone else who wants to meet up for a social i think lyndon is well up for a weekend sometime when i get back, got to go now bud the barby is burning chat soon

wayne bradford

Reaction score
im up for that m8 hope u havin a good time im all set now for my night at sapphire on friday just killing time now lol

Reaction score
HI just wanted to say im lincoln way and i reccomend langdales.Like the guys said lovely lakes and the owner is agreat guy.Really helpful and has invested so much back into his lakes.I wish more fishery owners made you feel as welcome and cared as much.

Does a mean bacon sarnie to!