Biggest Pike catches you've seen?

ellis56

Reaction score
Hi, I'm quite new to pike fishing, and I'm fascinated by the size of some of the catches people have made. What's the biggest pike you've ever managed to catch?

I found a list of some of the biggest pike catches and some of them genuinely leave me astounded: Record Pike Catches

Has anyone managed a catch to rival any of these?

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I had an 85lber from the river Roding once, but I was on my own and never had a camera with me ;)

mick b

Reaction score
Hi, I'm quite new to pike fishing, and I'm fascinated by the size of some of the catches people have made. What's the biggest pike you've ever managed to catch?

I found a list of some of the biggest pike catches and some of them genuinely leave me astounded: Record Pike Catches

Has anyone managed a catch to rival any of these?

I suggest you read Fred Bullers 'the Doomsday Book of Mammoth Pike'.
Beats the pants of this Ocean Tackle whatever......:eek:mg:

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
Love the pic of the 67 pounder.
One for a future caption competition surely?

andreagrispi

Reaction score
A few years ago I saw a mate of mine catch (from a non-trout water) a 29lb+, two at 23lb+, a 20lb+, an 18, an 11 and five between 5-9lb. All caught in about 4 hours.

naxian62

Reaction score
2nd trip to Lough Allen, back in the day. Me an a mate had 23 fish in one day, 3 rods each from the bank, I think we had 9 doubles. Never did manage a twenty, goddamnit!
He went back with a different guy following year an took two twenties each!!!

jimlad

Reaction score
24lb 15oz, 24lb 13oz and 22lb 8oz, all river fish I caught in the last couple of years. Love fishing for river pike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I once baited a swim with frozen sardines for a fortnight in a bay at the end of a lake then fished it with livebaits on polyball rigs against the trees from 3 pm to 8pm Friday I had eight good doubles and a 23+. Then sat there till Sunday twiddling my thumbs lesson learnt MOVE after catching fish in any number even from a prebaited swim.

john step

Reaction score
Saw a cretin a few years ago with two monster pike laid out on the grass dead as dodos at the LAA pit Rickmansworth. He actually looked pleased with himself.