English Angling Adds to Olympic Medals

Reaction score
Well done indeed and we first heard it here

Good press release - nice promo of ladies angling - and a mention that we win lots of medals in sports outside of Olympic/BBC select sports.

BTW - our Wendy is too modest but she did really well in the Shakespeare Ladies Match at the Evesham Festival

Reaction score
AHHHH! (best Robert Robertson voice)

FIPS events are accessed by England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland (Ireland featuring anglers from Eire and the Six Counties - just like the Rugby Union team)

However the Olympics we enter as Great Britain - I am sure that Scotland will treat Mr. Hoy well - I heard Alec Salmond suggesting that he would offer him the monarchy of Scotland.No doubt Stockport will treat their heroes just as well - with single tickets to the destination of their choice /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I think the press release is refering to Emma as being English, and that she's added a medal.

Anyway, they've probably been taking their lead from Andy Murray.....

And it does say she fished for:<font size="2">"NFA Team England Ladies"</font>

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Well done Emma.

Another angling world champion from gods own county, Yorkshire/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
yes well done indeed.

But I bet it wont get mentioned on the news on the TV.

Its a shame because its such a great result, hopefully it will encourage more ladies to go fishing without fear of sexist comments from a male dominated sport.

Keith M

Reaction score
Congratulations on your win Emma!

If sequence swimming can be in the olympics why on earthcan't matchfishing be there?.

One day it will be; surely.

Maggie

Reaction score
A huge well done to you Emma.
5_MexicanWave.gif

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Well done Emma! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Your dad must be so proud of you! /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

R

Robert Woods

Well done Emma...it's nice to see that fishing attracks so many ladies.../forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
English,irish,scotish,welsh,yorkshire,lancs,essex or whatever......it don`t matter!!!

Well done young lady.....i bet your dad and the rest of the family are so proud of you /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Well done Emma, true YORKSHIRE grit. Never mind what the southerners say /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

I heard about it on the BBC in the Olympics report where everyone was rejoicing about Emma's win and they included a five minute report on the match.

Sorry, Must have been asleep and dreaming there. Of course it wasn't covered on the BBC, why would it? According to the Beeb, no-one goes angling these days.

Well done all the same Emma and who knows, keep winning and one day the Beeb might.

blandford-esq

Reaction score
Well done emma. And fishing magic, Where are the pictures of the event and how come such a small article