Plans for the weekend. Anyone out?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I'll be on the canal again Sunday for a TTA club match.
Had a nice day out today with SOM at Northchurch. Fishing our legendary Crabtree winter series. The canal looked very coloured but on closer inspection was quite clear.
Both started on punch rigs across (13m) to the sedges but couldn't buy any bites.
I changed to a down the track pinkie rig and started catching some small perch. SOM did the same and lost a big skimmer at the net. With 2 hours to go in our 2 man match (12 to 4pm) the sound of scissors and worms became furious.
With an hour to go SOM caught a netter perch swiftly followed by a proper one and I had it all to play for. I managed a skimmer and a few more swinger perch and it was game over.
His perch of around a pound and a half had done me.

I appreciate the rivers are mullered and many lakes gin clear but will you be out this weekend?

tilly05

Reaction score
Working Saturday and Sunday night. 4 days off after that so imagine il get out somewhere. Might even get to the bottom of my who owns what saga :)

andreagrispi

Reaction score
I'm off to a certain tributary off the Trent in search of a 4lb+ perch!!

barbelboi

Reaction score
Just returned from a few hours on a local river, wall to wall sunshine this morning didn't help. Clouded over early afternoon then had a 'purple' patch between 12.45 & 2pm trotting for nine chub - nothing before or after. Fished 10am-3pm

PS Can you spot me in my camo gear this week Simon?..........;)

fr3_zps8b949175.jpg

fr4_zps9c1644a8.jpg

C

chefster

I,m fishing at TBF tomorrow,not sure which lake yet though..On sunday a silverfish only match at Arden fishery @ Stratford...a pleasure session TBA on weds...and a match at Bishops Bowl on thurs..so a good week of fishing hopefully...Gaz:D

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Sean, if you get one don't forget my big perch challenge... Good luck..
Jerry, yep spotted you there in both pics....
Gaz, good luck, draw like Picasso and do well....

nicepix

Reaction score
Busy today and Little Wife has requested help digging the veg' plot over tomorrow so it will be Monday for my next fishing trip. Can't decide whether to have a session on the river for barbel or try again for the elusive lake zander. Decisions, decisions...............

sam vimes

Reaction score
Not long back from a short session on the river. Eleven grayling in total, nothing of any size. certainly nothing worth getting the scales or camera out for. It never ceases to amaze me how hard an 8oz grayling fights when there's a bit of water on!;):D

slaphead

Reaction score
Not out this weekend, but son is having a day off work on Monday so we will be out together. Don't know where yet.