River Medway

jeff_de_jeff

Reaction score
Im heading over to East farleigh to chance my arm, now it appears the water level has settled. Has anyone else ventured out with success yet?

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im heading over to East farleigh to chance my arm, now it appears the water level has settled. Has anyone else ventured out with success yet?

I wish you good luck and do not fish in front of the house upstream of the bridge because you will get moved on . It has been that way since the 50s hope you do well.

Reaction score
Gosh somethings haven't changed!! I remember being ushered either up or downstream quite a few times. Always liked the area between Farleigh and Tovil..especially the bit we always knew as "dead man's drop". I think next time I visit my dad in Herne Bay...rod and reel in the car and a trip to old haunts for old times sake. Is it still free fishing below East Farleigh Bridge down to Allington Locks? may even put in an extra day and fish Mote Park. Is Witches Wood near Teston bridge still a fishery?

Ah memories!!

jeff_de_jeff

Reaction score
Well today was an example of, hope over experience! (ie none!). I think I may just have to set up opposite that house mentioned , just so I can say I've been moved on. Every the clueless rebel me! East farleigh to Unicuorn lane (at the end of upper fant road . By private no entry road) is free according to the internet, then it becomes Victory club water, where it runs to, I'm not sure.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well today was an example of, hope over experience! (ie none!). I think I may just have to set up opposite that house mentioned , just so I can say I've been moved on. Every the clueless rebel me! East farleigh to Unicuorn lane (at the end of upper fant road . By private no entry road) is free according to the internet, then it becomes Victory club water, where it runs to, I'm not sure.

I joined a club called Cranbrook and they have a stretch at East farliegh have not fished it yet and another at Wateringbury.

Reaction score
I think, although it's been some long time tiinker, that the Cranbrook stretch is on the South bank of the Medway at East Farleigh ....I know that there were times when those of us on the free stretch...or the Maidstone Victory Waters, would look enviously across at "the other side"...I think "the other side" going upstream at Barming (my home village) was Calpac water

jeff_de_jeff

Reaction score
Tinker: You will have to let me know how the Cranbrook stretch works out. Do you mainly river fish or do commercials as well? Being a novice i like the commercials as it gives a bit confidence to catch something, however, you never know what your going to pull out of a river. Perch are fast becoming a favorite.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think, although it's been some long time tiinker, that the Cranbrook stretch is on the South bank of the Medway at East Farleigh ....I know that there were times when those of us on the free stretch...or the Maidstone Victory Waters, would look enviously across at "the other side"...I think "the other side" going upstream at Barming (my home village) was Calpac water

You may be right I cannot put my hand on the venue maps at the moment and the do not give out this information on there website. They also have a stretch at East Peckham. When I was in my early teens the bank opposite the house which was a café in those days owned by the same people was a hop field with some boat moorings I used to fish that often it was mainly roach in those days and bream below the bridge.

jeff_de_jeff

Reaction score
Cheers Hugo, by upper Medway, where do you mean & what were you catching, on what? (In fact can you catch them for me as well ).