Magical Waters

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Stunning photography in the sample shown.

Hate the music, as I do in most of the fishing videos I have seen.

Good write up Ian.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
How lovely to see dear John Searl in action once again.

I instantly went to the site and ordered my copy and now I can hardly wait to see it.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Enjoyed the DVD's, I followed the progress of filming over the few years it took to produce on PW's site with the anticipation that it would be something special and was not disappointed - such a shame JS never saw the result.................

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a couple of John's books and I love em, the film looks very good indeed...

I will definitely be investing in this one!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
When I got home on Friday my copy was waiting for me at home.

The service from Witcher's was first class, ordered on Sunday and delivered by Thursday, i got e-mails to tell me that the order had been accepted and another to say it had been dispatched, so first class I think.

Now the video itself; in First Casts the section on the floater fishing for wild Carp was, i thought, brilliant. The gleaming bronze sides of the gorgeous Common Carp that John catches are only matched by the truly lovey bronze varnish on his Mk IV Carp rod, that in action shows just how "softly" they give to a decent sized fish.

The Barbel section is equally as good and shot on a section of the river that I am dying to become a member of, but that waiting list is measured in years!

I won't give too much away but in The Last Cast the sections on Roach and Chub fishing are, I think as good as anything contained in P4A and I will admit to having a tear in my eye right at the very end.

For those of us who were lucky enough to have met John this video will be a true reflection of the man himself, we all knew how gifted he was as an artist but many will see how gifted he was as an angler, and a true thinking one at that.
My one true regret is that I never found the time to take him up on his offer of a guest day on the Longford venue.

So, thank you to Paul Witcher and to John himself; I am certain that I will be watching this lovely set of clips over and over again as I have done with Passion For Angling.