fishing around nottingham

robertt

Reaction score
So am looking to fish a new place around Nottingham or surround area on Sunday but don't know where!
Is there anywhere people could suggest and tips or methods.
I do drive so that's not a problem either but not looking to go too far out.

ravey

Reaction score
Well, there's a fair old choice - Nottingham's got the lot - rivers, canals, gravel pits etc etc. Not sure about commercials, but there is still an awful lot. What is it you're interested in?

robertt

Reaction score
Want to catch a carp never caught 1 so really want to catch 1. The Trent is flooded at embankment at minute, so want thinking possibly commercial pond ot lake but not sure where to go

flightliner

Reaction score
Shoot across the a52 towards Newark and try the A1 pits, plenty of choice and not to far in the car.

ru123

Reaction score
If you want to catch carp go to Sherwood Farm fishery,plenty of choices as it,s a commercial fishery,not far from mansfield

robertt

Reaction score
Was looking at a1 pits actually, as saw it had 6 lakes aswell. Was also looking at rycroft fishery aswell.
Any tips at all for fishing either Sherwood farm or a1? And prices taking my lad who's 8 along with me aswell

flightliner

Reaction score
Maybe Sherwood will be your best bet if you want the lad to catch, never fished it but have read the odd reports that it can be pretty productive, oh--- maybe the pond at Spion Kop might be worth a look also.