any ideas

BigRob

Reaction score
How do you stop these from comming off your line. The wife has ordered some but I can see if comming off the line.
EOS_Back_leads.JPG.jpg

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
by what i can make out from the pic it looks like some kind of back lead i think you just prise the white plastic apart out the holes but not 100%as never seen this model before

BigRob

Reaction score
I know it sounds silly bit what is a back lead?

does it work the same as a normal lead?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Rob

A backlead is put on to your mainline (free running), the idea is to pin the line to the lake/river bottom so the fish don't get spooked by it and also to avoid line runs.

David Clarkson

Reaction score
It would be nice to use a back lead more than a couple of times, is it me or does everyone else find they come off on a regular basis, even when you've had no takes and are just reeling in /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gifI have tried severalmakes from fox korda etc but they all seem to fall off on the retrieve, perhaps the manufacturers want this to happen so we will keep buying them but at £1.30 a go it looks like I will be switching to slack lines.

any advice or alternatives welcome..

atb

Dave

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I use a coffin leadprimarily becausemy local shop had a clearout and gave me all they had leftsaying nobody wanted them anymore!This wasa resultbecause I did & would happily have bought some. I'm only using them at short range for barbel but they work fine,dont seem to damage the line and cant come off.Bit inelegant and wonderfully old school but they do the job extremely well.

F

Frothey

thats one of the essential ones - i can honestly say i have never lost one ont the take/retrieve. even with weeded fish - just got to make sure the ring is closed properly.

in my opinion, the best non-captive backlead on the market /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

you can screw a brass eye into the lead and tie some old braid to it ,the other end tie to your pod/bankstick if it come off just pull it in

R

Roto Fryer

i must admit that i use captive back leads. captive means they are tied to your pod or banksticks. in theory they dont get lost

wayne bradford

Reaction score
i have had mixed results with them some times they stay and somtimes they dont just look of the draw i think LOL 80% of time i dont bother with them unless its very windy and the line keeps setting my hyperactive bite alarms off