South west seaside campsite with fishing?

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
I'm looking at taking the family for a week's camping holiday this summer, probably Dorset, Cornwall or Devon. I'm looking for a campsite that's got some fishing onsite, a nice secluded tree lined small pond with obliging tench and carp.... not looking for specimens... Also, I'm not looking for a fishery with a campsite, this is a family trip after all and not a fishing holiday! Ideally, the fishing should be a little way away from where we're actually pitched (small kids in tow).

We'd prefer quite rural sites, the less developed the better. Not keen on sites where the pitches are all a regimented 6m x 6m square of worn out grass either side of a tarmac track... though having said that, an electric hook up is always a good thing as we do have the associated stuff.

Lastly, the site should be close to the seaside. Again, we'd prefer secluded natural beaches (and rockpools!!!) to somewhere uber-developed like bournemouth.

I know, I don't want much!! :)

Any pointers gratefully received.

cheers
Jim

john step

Reaction score
Jim, do you know about "The Camping and Caravanning Club". It costs about £35 per year membership. Their guide has a big section of sites (thousands) with various facilities for members.
You can cross reference sites with where to fish guides in the angling press etc.
The club is not to be confused with the Caravan Club.
They have a web site with loads of info.

clayton wood

Reaction score

naxian62

Reaction score
There s a place across the Exe estuary from me. Luccombes campsite and coarse fishery, or something like that. It's been on my "to fish" list for ages, but haven't actually made it yet.

bullet

Reaction score
As already mentioned, look into caravanning and camping club.Veryan site in cornwall has a small lake,which is quite nice.It is also near lots of coast.
A nicer site is Slapton Sands,in Devon.It's quite small, and about 7 mins walk from Slapton beach, which offers great fishing in the warmer months. Usually plenty of Mackerel and can produce decent Bass. Lots of nice beaches nearby. Really unspoilt natural area. Hope this helps.

aebitim

Reaction score
As already mentioned, look into caravanning and camping club.Veryan site in cornwall has a small lake,which is quite nice.It is also near lots of coast.
A nicer site is Slapton Sands,in Devon.It's quite small, and about 7 mins walk from Slapton beach, which offers great fishing in the warmer months. Usually plenty of Mackerel and can produce decent Bass. Lots of nice beaches nearby. Really unspoilt natural area. Hope this helps.

Do you know if South Allington House campsite house still has the carp pond?

bullet

Reaction score
Do you know if South Allington House campsite house still has the carp pond?

No Idea,m8. I camp at slapton when I can. Love float fishing/spinning for Mackerel and Bass in the evenings. I think there are quite a few freshwater fisheries in the area as well.

petethepole

Reaction score
Have you looked into the Brean area of Somerset? It has loads of camp sites with lakes, and the beach is across the road. Northam Farm Caravan Park has a great set up for families, I have spent many a fishing holiday there, carp, tench ,perch, bream, rudd, roach, gudgeon and the odd pike.Check it out on web-site. It's a place where all the family can find something they like to do so a winner all round!