Fishing near Longleat

InteraX

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to Centre Parcs, Longleat for a week soon. I know there's fishing on-site and at Longleat itself, but was just wondering if anyone has any idea what they fish like and if there's anywhere else within a few minutes drive. I'll probably only get 1 or 2 days fishing in and would like some decent sport with a chance of beating my PB carp of 13lb, tench of about 5lb.

Anyone have any info or recommendations?

Chris

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Not sure about the centre parcs lake?

Check out Shearwater just around the corner, it's part of the Longleat estate and day ticket. I haven't fished it for yonks but I know its got reasonable carp over 13 and some good tench too.

I wouldn't bother with the top lake at Longleat, it's got some bigguns in it but it's very tough.

Good luck mate, have a good holiday.

Steve.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Watch out for the lions ..............

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Ed, funny you should mention that!

I used to fish Longleat quite a lot and you can hear the f****s roaring at feeding time!

I always kept looking over my shoulder............

...............not that it would matter!

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
There is also a lake called Shearwater which has a big head of upper double figure carp and big bream no more than 5 mile away from Centre parks.

The Centre parks lake has got loads of carp in there many small 3-5 lbers and relativly easy to catch as they are all tame. lol.

Have a good holiday and tight lines mate.

F

Frothey

bait up the night before, get down real early, fish the "no fishing" area's (ie most of it!) and avoid paying!

corn and pellet is all you'll need.....

and if you haven't been before, the indian restaurant there is truely excellent, we take the kids to longleat once a year just for the korma!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Oy Frothey you can't say that.........good tip though/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Which lake are you on about? Shearwater?

F

Frothey

nah - the lake at Longleat CP.

Never done it, but i've seen others...... /forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif