Angling Trust Call for Properly Licenced Coaches

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a enhanced CRB for my seasonal work. I do not see this as enough to guarantee that the persons carrying out these post is not of the right character. A far more reaching search should be carried out and regular checks made with the charges themselves as to how the person is performing and that they be listened too and even include a written report on a six month basis by the charges. It would be in the teachers interest not to get involved with any singular tuition unless it was monitored by a third party.

richiekelly

Reaction score
I have a enhanced CRB for my seasonal work. I do not see this as enough to guarantee that the persons carrying out these post is not of the right character. A far more reaching search should be carried out and regular checks made with the charges themselves as to how the person is performing and that they be listened too and even include a written report on a six month basis by the charges. It would be in the teachers interest not to get involved with any singular tuition unless it was monitored by a third party.

Absolutely agree with your sentiments, was this disgusting individual checked at all? how often are people checked? are the checks enough? it would seem not.

If your suggestions were implemented some of these kids would have been saved from the experiences they had at the hands of this scum. perhaps the committee members should also be looking at themselves and asking if there was more they could have done.

I will tell you what if it was any of my grandkids I wouldn't want him in prison I would want him where he could be got at.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with your sentiments, was this disgusting individual checked at all? how often are people checked? are the checks enough? it would seem not.

If your suggestions were implemented some of these kids would have been saved from the experiences they had at the hands of this scum. perhaps the committee members should also be looking at themselves and asking if there was more they could have done.

The Angling Trust strives to ensure that all young anglers are able to participate in the sport in a safe and friendly environment and works with organisations such as the NSPCC, Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU) and Sport England to implement procedures to encourage clubs, fisheries and other organisations to appoint only those who have been appropriately trained and checked to work with young people and vulnerable adults.

Says it all innit?

richiekelly

Reaction score
The Angling Trust strives to ensure that all young anglers are able to participate in the sport in a safe and friendly environment and works with organisations such as the NSPCC, Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU) and Sport England to implement procedures to encourage clubs, fisheries and other organisations to appoint only those who have been appropriately trained and checked to work with young people and vulnerable adults.

Says it all innit?

All very fine sentiments from those organisations, unfortunately this individual seems to have slipped through the net, perhaps more regular checks are needed as already suggested, the smaller the mesh the less that can get through.

Most that give their time to encouraging youngsters into angling I would imagine do it because they enjoy it, there are obviously others that do it for other reasons and not just in angling.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Having checked and licensed coaches is definitely the way forward, it should be encouraged and applauded. It doesn't mean that individuals won't still be the sick perverts that they are, but, they might think twice before applying for a role that demands and thoroughly checks individuals applying for these roles.

Yes, like all walks of life, some will still escape the system, but, at least there would be a system in place to try to prevent these atrocities from taking place again.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think that the youngsters of today must be made aware of these people in my youth back in the 50/60s I and my friends were very aware of these people in general from a very early age. They are in every gathering situation we were aware and we made sure that the persons concerned were aware that we knew who they were. My parents and family made sure I was aware and made it more than clear what I should do if approached in any way by anyone no matter who they are. It may be harder for youngsters today because of the more liberal society. They get themselves into positions of authority over youngsters in my day it was team leaders in its many forms park keepers even in the army cadet force. It is not something to be swept under the table though embarrassment. Youngsters need to know that when they cry WOLF that you their parent will make sure they are listened too.