Some rivers fining down some not. Anyone out...

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
....this weekend?
Spent a few hours on my local river Colne today. Hopefully helped Neil1970 perfect his stick float fishing. Neither of us got a bite but better than being at work..
Sunday I'm fishing a silvers only match at Lakeside fishery which I practiced last Sunday...

Anyone else out this weekend?

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Saturday looks good weather wise but, I am working, Sunday looks awful but, I might give it a go. Probably go back to the same swim where I caught a chub and a couple of small roach last Sunday. This time of year there are usually some good chub in that area and roach are always a possibility. Its mainly about chub and roach this time of year for me. However, the conditions look pretty good for carp, anyone finding this?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
You'd be hard put to discover where the Hampshire Avon river's banks begin right now on the upper reaches.

Opposite my house the river is still about 1½ fields wide.

This weekend will therefore be devoted to comfort food and a decent bottle of Barolo. . . . . . . . .

theartist

Reaction score
....this weekend?
Spent a few hours on my local river Colne today. Hopefully helped Neil1970 perfect his stick float fishing. Neither of us got a bite but better than being at work..
Sunday I'm fishing a silvers only match at Lakeside fishery which I practiced last Sunday...

Anyone else out this weekend?

Looks like you chose the wrong one out of the 3 rivers Peter as the other two are benefitting from the extra water and fishing well. The Colne has looked too high for weeks at least it is where I fish it.

Also more rain forecast for this weekend so that numpty (me) who said things were going to be back to normal soon was wrong.

I'll be out on the Gade monday as its never unfishable.:)

tilly05

Reaction score
I had the morning on the Don at Hillfoot Bridge, nothing doing.
Went up to wards end dam had 3 nice bream and a roach

neil1970

Reaction score
I may get out next week, Bury, Colne or Gade (I love a bit of mini-roving on the Croxley Moor stretch).

I had a half day out with Simon yesterday; thoroughly enjoyable, despite not catching & I've got plenty of excellent tips to help me refine what I think is my favourite type of fishing bar none. :):):) Cheers mate.

terry m

Reaction score
The Hants Avon is far from fining down.

I did however manage to find a slack this afternoon and tempted a double figure pike. The main river is pushing through at a frightening rate.