Horribilis

robtherake

Reaction score
I totally agree. It's ironic that the poster is Chinese - a country where they harvest sea horses by the billion for unproven quack remedies, and commit many other horrific and barbarous practices. Still, at least it proves they aren't all the same.

I've read about this Danish "harvest" before, and was as appalled as you are, Laguna. All in the name of "tradition" in a coming of age ritual.

I honestly can't believe that I'm part of the same race.

Last edited:

terry m

Reaction score
That is appalling.

I have been to Denmark many times, yet I have never heard of this event - unsurprisingly.

hat could possibly be the point of such unadulterated cruelty?

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It is senseless slaughter no doubt about it.
What puzzles me is that dolphins are supposed to be fairly bright, you would think they would have learned to avoid the place.

beerweasel

Reaction score
To kill these animals for food or is bad enough but for a right of passage is obscene.

I'm putting their bacon on the boycott list. :(

laguna

Reaction score
Ironic indeed Rob and as you say; they aren't all the same there is some good to be found amongst all races.. (if you look hard enough)

What can we do but help spread the awareness, I've never seen anything like it, these mammals are peace loving creatures and they are being mercilessly chopped up and bloody butchered and for what? - I somehow doubt not buying any more of their bacon will make little difference but its something!

B A S T A R D S!!!

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

I'm putting their bacon on the boycott list.
As an individual its some small (positive) thing we can all do mate.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So there goes some of our number's recent, retired to Thailand and the Deliverance backwoods, Big Idea and imminent Dragon's Den pitch for Otter Scratchings.

People in glasshouses etc.

Last edited:

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What other people do in their own country is their business. I see a programme the other night where the know all conservationist are stopping the Inuit from hunting for their food. If what goes on was having any effect on the population the prey would not still come back to be killed year after year.

laguna

Reaction score
You do talk some balderdash tiinker. Nobody here would argue against eskimos taking a wild animal for food especially where food is scarce.
If you are insensitive to such barbaric acts of butchery, you have no compassion or concern for animals in general irrespective of how they are killed or by whom, and as for the population of dolphins they are too trusting for their own good where humans are concerned.

cg74

Reaction score
It is senseless slaughter no doubt about it.
What puzzles me is that dolphins are supposed to be fairly bright, you would think they would have learned to avoid the place.

Ah, but they can't learn and pass on much if they're dead.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You do talk some balderdash tiinker. Nobody here would argue against eskimos taking a wild animal for food especially where food is scarce.
If you are insensitive to such barbaric acts of butchery, you have no compassion or concern for animals in general irrespective of how they are killed or by whom, and as for the population of dolphins they are too trusting for their own good where humans are concerned.

Rubbish it has been going on since time began and it has been in the limelight many times before people are just jumping on the hand ringers band wagon. This particular subject is doing the rounds at the moment it is on all the social sites. Will it make any difference in the long run NO. Perhaps you should spare a thought for the way humanity is not caring for humanity and the cruelty involved.

Last edited:

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rubbish it has been going on since time began and it has been in the limelight many times before people are just jumping on the hand ringers band wagon. This particular subject is doing the rounds at the moment it is on all the social sites. Will it make any difference in the long run NO. Perhaps you should spare a thought for the way humanity is not caring for humanity and the cruelty involved.

Are campanologists conservationists too? :wh

terry m

Reaction score
Rubbish it has been going on since time began and it has been in the limelight many times before people are just jumping on the hand ringers band wagon.

Hmmm. Clearly that makes this practice acceptable and OK?

Let's all grab a rip hook and set about the nearest mammal to hand.

Nonsensical poppycock trying to justify utter barbarism.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't know how much the mainland Danes would support this practice, which is carried on in the Faroe Islands. The islands are under Danish sovereignty, however the Faroes are now pretty much autonomous so the link naming the slaughter as being Danish is very misleading.