A new take on commercial carp

mick b

Reaction score
Thats the way to do it!

The correct method to harvest a commercially modified fish is with a net.

Why it is considered a sport to catch them on rod and line is beyond me.:confused:

Still if it rocks your boat......:eek:mg:

robtherake

Reaction score
Aren't they the invasive silver carp they've had so much bother with over there? A prime example of why we shouldn't ****** about with nature.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Aren't they the invasive silver carp they've had so much bother with over there? A prime example of why we shouldn't ****** about with nature.

Yep, that's them! Our club had a recent netting of a lake in Cheshire and as well as hundreds of normal carp and bream they caught a 44lb catfish that was re-homed in a licensed water and 2 silver Asian Carp at 31lb and 32lb. As is required by law the EA were informed and they took them away for destruction.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Yep, that's them! Our club had a recent netting of a lake in Cheshire and as well as hundreds of normal carp and bream they caught a 44lb catfish that was re-homed in a licensed water and 2 silver Asian Carp at 31lb and 32lb. As is required by law the EA were informed and they took them away for destruction.

Anpm I right in thinking the Asian carp is not such a danger here because the temperature means they find it difficult to breed successfully ? Still Jurassic Park and all that.

robtherake

Reaction score
I once saw a 21 pounder caught at Woodlands, Thirsk. Queer looking beasties with a salmon-like tail and an almost catfish-like head, with eyes very low on the side. None of us could identify it at the time and I've never found out whether it was an intended or accidental stocking. It didn't do any acrobatics, which I'd expect after seeing videos of them.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think they look like a cross between a grassie and a tuna. You wouldn't want to be hit by one of those when they do the jumping into the boat trick!