Hello from Lancs

gigsly

Reaction score
Newby here from Blackburn,Lancs
Recently started fishing after @ 35yrs,last went when i was in my mid teens
Mostly fish the canal and a few local reservoirs,with mixed results,so plenty of advice needed lol
Wife bought me a Leeda Assassin 11m pole for xmas,so even more to get confused by

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Newby here from Blackburn,Lancs
Recently started fishing after @ 35yrs,last went when i was in my mid teens
Mostly fish the canal and a few local reservoirs,with mixed results,so plenty of advice needed lol
Wife bought me a Leeda Assassin 11m pole for xmas,so even more to get confused by

I did similar and started fishing again after a long long gap there is a wealth of info on here but just ask away - welcome to the forum have you tried the pole yet ?

gigsly

Reaction score
I did similar and started fishing again after a long long gap there is a wealth of info on here but just ask away - welcome to the forum have you tried the pole yet ?

I've tried it a couple of times,but struggling TBH,find it a bit clumsy,especially on canal,the bank's not that wide where I go so have to ship it sideways

Caught my first ever trout yesterday,in a local quarry,only @ 1/2lb,but surprised me,made up for the drowning I got when the heavens opened

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I've tried it a couple of times,but struggling TBH,find it a bit clumsy,especially on canal,the bank's not that wide where I go so have to ship it sideways

Caught my first ever trout yesterday,in a local quarry,only @ 1/2lb,but surprised me,made up for the drowning I got when the heavens opened

You do get used to it then its second nature

I found this article , from another site admittedly , very useful on canals

My way on the canal | Gofishing.co.uk

lambert1

Reaction score
As another recently returned after a long absence I too caught my first Trout this season and I was like a dog with two appendages! You feel like a kid again! Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I have. There are so many people happy to share their knowledge on here.:)

robtherake

Reaction score
Welcome gigsly :) A fair few of us have taken time out at some point or other but it's like the old adage about riding a bike.

Things have changed a bit in the tackle trade, but the fish still act the same, thank goodness :D

mick b

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Best keep your head down Lancy, lots of Yorkie puds on here :D

mike47

Reaction score
Welcome Gigsly. I am another returning to this wonderful sport after a long absence playing tennis and golf instead. Got kitted out at Xmas with plenty of tackle and two nice rods (12ft carp and 9ft float). Have only had one outing on a nearby commercial lake, but didn't get a bite. Nevertheless, I am excited and looking forward very much to my first catch (got the camera at the ready). Here's hoping we both catch plenty in 2014! Enjoy that pole...

gigsly

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Best keep your head down Lancy, lots of Yorkie puds on here :D

:D:D:D Not that far from Yorkshire here,but definately in the better county;)

Still no luck with the pole yet,but my catch rate's improving slowly

slaphead

Reaction score
Not that far from Yorkshire here,but definately in the better county

Careful there, gigsly, you'll be starting another War of the Roses. :D

Yorkshire is only about 12 miles from where I live in Rossendale so I need to watch my p's and q's.

Good luck this year.

You a member of Hyndburn?

bigfish74

Reaction score

Yorkshire is only about 12 miles from where I live in Rossendale so I need to watch my p's and q's.

Good luck this year.

Deffo the red roses win:wh

Andy

gigsly

Reaction score

Good luck this year.

I'm in Blackburn,lived and worked in Rossendale for a couple of year,but the mrs was missing the family etc so we moved back