I'm sorry, it's all my fault.

sam vimes

Reaction score
On the 28th of December I bought some waders. It seems to have rained almost every day since and I'm yet to get them wet. Whilst my river has been fishable at times, it's always been that slight bit too high, or a bit too coloured, for me to risk wading. Though I primarily bought them to use on the river, I've got a feeling that they aren't going to see any action until I start carping in earnest.

theartist

Reaction score
I feel lost without waders and wear them every time I roam although I regretted that afew times last summer during the heatwave.

At the end of the day they keep your legs warm and dry, allow you to have a paddle if needed and a great at getting through the undergrowth etc. A must have piece of kit as far as I'm concerned

barbelboi

Reaction score
Been wading a lot this winter, pleased I've got chesties as some of the dips are around 3' deep...;)

john step

Reaction score
Yup waders and wellies are great, especially if you give them a good internal squirt of anti athletes foot powder- unless you want your feet to look like mine have done in the past.:eek:mg: Flaky pastry comes to mind.

theartist

Reaction score
Been wading a lot this winter, pleased I've got chesties as some of the dips are around 3' deep...;)

Its down to two and a half feet now :D

---------- Post added at 07:30 ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 ----------

Yup waders and wellies are great, especially if you give them a good internal squirt of anti athletes foot powder- unless you want your feet to look like mine have done in the past.:eek:mg: Flaky pastry comes to mind.

And there I was about to tuck into a sausage roll :D

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Please make sure you wear a suitable life jacket when wading and make your self a wading staff it is so easy to trip up on a un-seen snag.

ian g

Reaction score
I had a pair for christmas , only managed to use them to get down the garden to my shed. Just been past the Severn outside Shrewsbury and it's over the banks again:eek:

nicepix

Reaction score
On the 28th of December I bought some waders. It seems to have rained almost every day since and I'm yet to get them wet. Whilst my river has been fishable at times, it's always been that slight bit too high, or a bit too coloured, for me to risk wading. Though I primarily bought them to use on the river, I've got a feeling that they aren't going to see any action until I start carping in earnest.

Do the decent thing and rip a hole in them for all our sakes! :D

Funnily enough I dug my two pairs out yesterday. They haven't been used for about three years and I'll be surprised if they are still water tight. I've got a couple of months to get them sorted.

Anyway. Weren't you the one who swore that he's never wade or am I getting you mixed up with someone else? :)

sam vimes

Reaction score
Anyway. Weren't you the one who swore that he's never wade or am I getting you mixed up with someone else? :)

I've certainly said as much before. I realised that there were a few river swims where it's safe enough, provided the river isn't coloured. I've no plans to go in much deeper than I could just about risk in wellies. With waders, at least I won't run the welly full gauntlet.

As big a reason for buying waders was to use when releasing carp on the local pit. Getting in wearing shorts and flipflops is fine when the weather is really good, not so pleasant and other time.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I've certainly said as much before. I realised that there were a few river swims where it's safe enough, provided the river isn't coloured. I've no plans to go in much deeper than I could just about risk in wellies. With waders, at least I won't run the welly full gauntlet.

As big a reason for buying waders was to use when releasing carp on the local pit. Getting in wearing shorts and flipflops is fine when the weather is really good, not so pleasant and other time.

That's an awful lot of wellie for those little northern carp...;)

sam vimes

Reaction score
That's an awful lot of wellie for those little northern carp...;)

The water levels drop in summer making a safe release, even with small fish, quite difficult without getting in. I've normally gone down the shorts an a dunking route, but it can be grim unless the weather is really good.